-𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞

EIGHT :

The River In Reverse

An elaborate breakfast has been set up in the dining room of the plantation house

An elaborate breakfast has been set up in the dining room of the plantation house. Rebekah and Klaus sat across from each other at the table, which is full of fruit and pastries. One of the servers, a young woman, stood by Klaus' chair as he bites her wrist and feed from her.

"Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus asked Rebekah as Rebekah told him, "No, should I have?" sounding like she was playing dumb

"He's been mysteriously silent, avoiding me, some might say. I thought perhaps he may have whispered reasons into your ear. Along with all of those sweet nothings."

"If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you." Rebekah said.

That's when Ava came down. She had on her black heel booties as her hair was curled as she wore a black beret.

She held her sketchpad in her hand as she said "Good morning auntie Beca." as Rebekah smiled and said "Hello darling."

Ava smiled at her as she reached for coffee and two beignets. "Well, I'm right here two tiniest wolf." as Ava looked at Klaus before saying unaesthetic, "Hi Klaus." with a sly smirk.

Klaus gave her a look as Ava sipped her coffee with her brow raised.

Klaus then went back to Rebekah. "Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes." as he began to mock her and say

"My saintly noble brother lies writhing in agony in the Bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite, when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain.""

"On the contrary, Nik, I am simply enjoying my brekkie, waiting for Elijah's healthy return." as Ava said "You bite Uncle Elijah ?" as Klaus said "It was for his own good." as Ava grumbled "Of course it was."

"Oh, come on Rebekah, you've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it!"

"Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth."