- 𝐚𝐩𝐫è𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐢, 𝐥𝐞 𝐝é𝐥𝐮𝐠𝐞

NINE :

APPRE'S MOI, LE DElUGE

Elijah and Klaus ere discussing their current predicament while Elijah looked through an old book about witches throughout the ages

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch."

"Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with."

"Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina."

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?"

"Why does any witch do anything?"

✧✧✧

Upstairs in Davina's room, Marcel had just arrived with food for her, Ava had came with a pitcher of cold water but she stood up and screams at them, frightened.

"Go away!" Davina told them both telekinetically throwing Marcel against a wall. Ava look mouth hung open.

"Come on. You got to be starving. You haven't eaten since-" as Davina said "Since your best friend and your father killed my best friend?"

Ava eyes dropped. "Parents am I right ?" as Davina telekinetically broke the pitcher in her hand. Ava shook her hand from the wet water. "I just did my nails D."

Davina held her hand as Ava said "On second thought I love wet hands." as she smiled.

"Davina, I'm sorry about what happened to this kid Tim." Marcel told her.

"I'm sorry you don't hate Klaus for what he did or want to make him pay."

"He'll pay for what he did one way or the other, but right now, I just want to make peace with you."

"Why? So we can be one big happy frankenstein family?" as Ava said "Oh god." as she ducked before another glass was throw against the wall.

✧✧✧

Downstairs in the living room, Klaus and Elijah were making themselves drink at the bar while they listened to Davina and Marcel fight

"Well, that's going well." Klaus said as Elijah said "If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea."