- 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐬

FIVE :

Sinners and Saints

Elijah was standing in Davina's room in the attic

Elijah was standing in Davina's room in the attic. He standing in front of Davina as the two stared at each other.

His skin is gray and mottled still from not feeding during the months he was daggered. He can't help but focus on Davina's pulsing carotid artery as a result of his hunger. Davina seemed unfazed.

"You're the one they call honorable." as Elijah smiled and said "Yes, that's what they call me. And yet, I followed my brother here to New Orleans to engage in a war.  So, I ask you, does that sound honorable to you?"

Davina concerned said "You don't look well."

Elijah said "Well, only this morning, I had a mystical dagger embedded in my chest, so I'd say I'm holding myself together quite well. Davina, I believe that you and I have the power to end a war between witches and vampires before it truly begins. I, by keeping my brother in line, you, by behaving like your true self, not some tool for Marcel or the witches."

"And why should I trust you?" as Elijah said truthfully "Well, for one thing, in spite of a ravenous hunger, I have not tried to take your blood."

Davina shrugged and said "Why not? I'm the only one here." as Elijah said "Even in my present condition, I would not feed from a child."

Davina took a hat pin and pricked her finger. Her blood clinged to the top of it, as she placed a drop on Elijah's lips. He licked the drop of blood off his lower lip and after a couple of moment's Elijah skin turned back to normal and Davina gave a pleased smile at him.

✧✧✧

Klaus was pacing in the back kitchen of Rousseau's, which was empty of employees. Sophie then came in the room with a basket of produce and with that Klaus grabbed her and vamp speed the both of them to the house plantation for a meeting.

He brought Sophie to the living room, where Rebekah was waiting. Klaus then sat Sophie on the couch.

Klaus said angry "We had a deal! You protect my unborn child and Ava. I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches."

Sophie frantic said "I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley, Ava and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die."

Rebekah confused said "Then who were they?" as Sophie said "They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

Klaus suspicious said "What kind of vision?" as Sophie said "She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus asked as Sophie said "Pretty much that your baby and Ava would bring death to all witches."