- 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲

ELEVEN:

CRESCENT CITY

At Lafayette Cemetery, a loud heartbeat was heard inside the Deveaux tomb

At Lafayette Cemetery, a loud heartbeat was heard inside the Deveaux tomb. Monique Deveraux opened her eyes and started screaming for help when she realized that she was trapped in her grave, though her voice was raspy and quiet from disuse.

 Monique Deveraux opened her eyes and started screaming for help when she realized that she was trapped in her grave, though her voice was raspy and quiet from disuse

At St. Anne's Church, Father Kieran was holding the first mass since the massacre.

"Thank you all for coming. It means more than I can tell you. We gather today for the first public service of our newly reopened church. St. Anne's can finally once again be the heart of our community, where we can congregate as a people united. Here, this hour, we come together to praise God and give thanks. The events that took place at our church were tragic." Father Kieran said.

Kieran continues his sermon while Klaus, Ava and Marcel, who were sitting next to each other in the pew, started to talk quietly. Marcel saw a red-haired woman he recognized across the church, but he couldn't get a proper look at her.

"Problem ?" Klaus asked as Marcel said "No."

"Then pay attention. We're meant to seem like devoted parishioners." Klaus said as Ava rolled her eyes.

"And it is that hope in our hearts, and with the help of many benefactors, that allows us to be here today. So, we gather with renewed spirit, made stronger, committed to the ideals of peace and love. Amen." Kieran said.

While Kieran spoke, the newly-resurrected Bastianna entered the church and watched from the back.

"Amen." the church attendants said.

✧✧✧

In the cemetery, Celeste (possessing Sabine's body) lead her tour guide through the rows of tombs.

"Each tomb is well cared for. Families honor their dead with display of affection and respect." Celeste said.

Still trapped inside her grave, Monique called out for help, but the group outside didn't hear her