chapter 5 - what did you want to tell me?

I don't want to listen to this today.
I turn my gain off and walk toward the stump in the woods, hopefully my diary is still in tact there, I'm getting a headache and I need to get my feelings out.
It's dark and as I'm walking over to the woods I find Test Tube sitting on the ground in the middle of the challenge field, observing the moon with her telescope.
I'm glad I didn't vote for her, she deserves the million more than I do. I wouldn't tell Taco that though. Why is she always in my mind lately... Now I'm even more upset at myself for blowing up at her earlier. Ugh.

As I go deeper and deeper into the woods, I finally reach my favourite spot. And it's covered with... A tablecloth, a candle, and.. some sandwiches? There is a log of wood next to the stump and Taco is sitting on it with with a cup of tea in her hands. Ugh! I didn't want to see her right now.
Taco notices me and jumps at my presence.
"MIC! I didn't... Expect to see you here so early..."
"Early?"
"Well yes, I was going to invite you over here but you seemed to show up on your own accord. I'm not even finished with your cup of tea yet!"
Taco reaches into her shell to pull out a second cup of tea.
"I know you're upset with me at the moment, but could you sit down with me..... Please?"
I'm a bit apprehensive to the offer but I take it anyways, plus I'm kind of hungry.
"Fine Taco"
I take a bite out of the sandwich in front of me. It's pretty plain but filling. Taco probably got all this from Mephone 4 somehow. Most likely just summoning stuff while he's in sleep mode.
"You can put the tea away, I don't like tea."
"Alrighty then, more for me I guess." She looks saddened as she puts the teacup back into her shell.
We sit there in silence for a short while until Taco speaks up again.
"It's good that you accepted my offer Mic, if you didn't then I would have had to eat TWO sandwiches today!"
"Well that won't be a problem right? You have such a big mouth I wouldn't be surprised if you ate 10 sandwiches in the last hour!"
Taco starts to laugh and soon enough we're laughing together. I almost forget why I'm upset at her in the first place. Almost.
She could've asked me to meet anywhere else but she chooses to meet where we first met in the woods. This must be really important if she put this much thought beforehand into this.
"So what did you want to tell me Taco? It seems important since you did all of this" I gesture to the fancy setup in front of me.
Taco clears her throat and seems to be nervously fidgeting with her tea cup as she answers.
"Well.... I'm a bit bad with words Mic but, I may have acted a little harsh when we were talking to eachother and well... Wait why are you looking at me like that?"
"Oh just don't mind me just keep talking" I feel my face hurting because of how wide I'm smiling right now but when Taco tries to be nicer to me it means everything.
"... Alright then Mic" Taco seems to be blushing as she looks away but that's probably due to the steam radiating out of the teacup.

 Alright then Mic" Taco seems to be blushing as she looks away but that's probably due to the steam radiating out of the teacup

"I just wanted to say that I'm..."
"..."
"..."
"It's okay Taco, take all the time you need"
at this point I'm not even mad at her anymore, she's trying so hard to be a good friend to me and I can see she's having a hard time opening up.
"..."
"Taco, you don't have to sa-

"I'm sorry."

"I'm.... Sorry Mic. I don't want to lose you. We've become such good friends. I try so hard to be logical all the time and I have a need to feel superior to others, so I apologize if I've hurt your feelings this time or any other time."
"And one more thing, I'm sorry for not saying sorry sooner."
"There, a formal apology."
"Mic, what did I do wrong? Why are you crying right now?"
"Taco"
"Yes Mic?"
"Come here"
She scoots closer to me and I give her the biggest hug I can muster up, she's doing so well, it's crazy to see her apologize to me, she's gone a long way since we first met. I'm so happy she opened up to me today.
I let go and wipe my happy tears off of my face and Taco doesn't say anything other than "Why did you stop? Keep hugging me."
"Okay then"
"Don't tell anyone I did this with you."
"Your secret is safe with me."
I pull her into a hug again.
She hugs back.