chapter 18 - crystal clear!

Phew, that was close, I catch my breath at the end of the woods.
Good thing Microphone told me about that baseball bat. I should thank her next time I see her.
I'm getting kind of thirsty though, so I go to the new soda machine that is conveniently placed where it used to be before it got torn apart and hit the Dr. Fizz button. The soda gets stuck so I press random buttons to try and get it out and suddenly I'm being sucked into a chute!
OW! I land on my butt and bounce a little. Where am I?
I scan the room, it's pretty plain, a bunch of test tubes everywhere and a white board with random equations and numbers on it.
There is a desk to my right and a bunch of crunched up papers everywhere. Test Tube sits on a spinning stool and has her hands on her face. She seems tired.
"Um, hey Test Tube!"
"Hi Baseball." She says with a groan.
"Um, I just want to know, WHERE AM I????"
"You're in my lab, Baseball."
"Oh."
She goes back to scribbling on a piece of paper and rips it up. She seems to be upset so I walk up to her.
"Um.. so what are you doing Test Tube?"
"Nothing, Baseball. Can you just...
She pauses for a bit and rethinks what she's about to say to me.
"You know what? Maybe I do need a little help."
"Well, if it's not game-related help you know I'm always here for you!" I'm a bit hesitant to help her since she bashed Lightbulb in with a rock but something tells me this is important to her.
"Well, I'm trying to write a letter to Lightbulb saying how sorry I am. I've tried everything but my everything still isn't good enough for her. I've made dozens of drafts trying to say I'm sorry but I just don't know how to do it correctly!" She bangs her hand on the table and I flinch a little.
"Let me help then."
She starts off writing on a new piece of paper with her grievances and starts going down a whole list of just things she thought she's done wrong so I try to give her some constructive criticism.
"Well, Test Tube, I think you shouldn't dwell so hard on messing up. Maybe just talk about the important things that might have made Lightbulb not want to be your friend anymore."
"Good point, Baseball."
She crosses everything off and writes that she's messed up and Lightbulb knows that. It's certainly an improvement, I think we are getting somewhere.
She writes for a solid 30 minutes while I do my best to help. After one final grammar check, she finally finishes her letter and puts it in a fancy envelope. "Well, it's all good to go Baseball! Thanks for all the help! I really couldn't have done it without you."
"Hey, don't worry about it Test Tube, I'm happy you're doing the right thing here."
I give her a supportive bump and she smiles.
"Well, time to give this to Mepad!"
"Wait, Mepad can give letters to people at hotel Oj?"
"Well.... Yeah... I just kinda found out today too."
I debate writing something to Nickel or Suitcase but I decide not to. The game is almost over anyways, I may even be joining them soon. I mean, Test Tube and Mic are the most competitive people here! Well, more Test Tube than Mic, she sounded extremely confident that she would be the one to win this in the letter I helped her write. I'm confident too though, although they still have arms and quirks that I don't have, I'll just have to try my hardest to win against them!
Right now though it's dark out and I'm kind of scared now because of that baseball bat sighting earlier so before Test Tube leaves the lab I think I'm gonna ask her if I can spend the night here.
"Hey, Test Tube"
"Yes Baseball?"
"Can I sleep here for the night?"
"Sure, just respect the rules that I have displayed here."
She walks up to the framed piece of paper on the wall and starts to run through all of them.
"Number one, Don't touch anything, two, don't drink substances that are neon colors, three, catchphrases don't make one "cool""
I don't even think that rule is relevant but okay "and finally four, don't lick the counters without a license. Got that?"
"Crystal clear!"
"Good! Now I've got a letter to deliver!"
I'm still a bit thirsty though...