chapter 6 - I'm proud of you

I wake up, the sun shining me in the eyes through the leaves of the trees above me.
And I'm on top of Microphones arm.
I'm internally screaming right now.
As I pull myself back into consciousness I remember what happened last night.
WE HUGGED UNTIL WE FELL ASLEEP? I CANT BELIEVE THIS!
I doubt that other people saw us given we are deep into the woods but STILL!
Mic's left arm is curled around me and her leg is over my leg as We lay in the grass.
She will be up in a few minutes hopefully. I try to move Mic's arm out of the way so I can get up but it backfires and she pulls me closer. I can feel my face heat up. This certainly isn't good for me.

I take a look at Mic and she's sleeping peacefully

I take a look at Mic and she's sleeping peacefully. She moves a little though and turns her head closer to the grass so the sun that shines though the leaves doesn't get into her eyes. She's very adorable this way.
What's wrong with me? Mic is only working with me to get the million, I need to control myself for once in my life and get up.
"Well contestants it's time to start the day!" Mephone says. Well I think he says that, I can't hear him very well due to being so far away. That's definitely the cue to get Mic off of the grass and into the game though.
"Mic"
I tap her face lightly
"Mmmm Taco stoppppppp"
She bats my hand away
Time to do this the hard way.
I take out my megaphone and yell into it.
"WAKE UP MIC!"
"AaAAaAaAaaaAAAA I'm up I'm up!"
She springs to life immediately.
"They're starting the challenge now. Go to the fields, hurry!"
"Okay got it!" She starts heading over to the fields but then she turns around to tell me something
"Oh and Taco?"
"Yes Mic?
"I'm proud of you."
She continues her run to the fields after that.
Saying I'm a bit flushed would be an understatement, I'm beet red.

I take all my supplies and hide them in the bushes near the challenge field. I left Mepad in a separate place in the woods as to not spoil me and Mics.... Was that a date? Does a romantic candle lit dinner together in the woods at night and sleeping together till morning count as a date? I'm down horribly. What was I talking about again? Oh yeah, Mepad. I'm gonna have to go walk over to the place I hid him now. I'm surprised Mic hasn't brought up his free will in a conversation yet. Hopefully she doesn't for a long time, but given that Mepad is Mephone 4's assistant the challenge today will most likely be to bring him back. Being the sad sap that Mephone 4 is he probably won't have any other challenge ideas to offer at the moment. I finally reach the spot where Mepad was supposed to have been and to my surprise he had disappeared!