Chapter 14 - thanks for the advice

"sorry."
She's gone, she's really gone. I've messed up big time. There's no way that just happened. Although she really did hurt my feelings, I definitely shouldn't have done that. On second thought though... it was her fault that she got me all upset! She just wouldn't let go of the flag and all she talks about is me treating this game seriously! It's a million dollars! Lightbulb doesn't know how much lab equipment and parts I could afford with that money! And the way she told me that I wouldn't save Fan if it wasn't apart of a challenge? Of course I would have saved him! He's my friend! Lightbulb would still be my friend too if she just didn't say anything about him! I clench my fists.
...

Maybe I'm the problem here. Lightbulb was really only expressing her feelings towards me and the game in that situation. I really shouldn't have been such a geeb weezer to her.

Suitcase and Baseball pass me as I walk away from where the portal is in the elimination area. They don't even aknowlege my presence. I don't think anyone here wants to talk to me now that they've seen me this angry. I always seem to ruin every friendship I'm in. I've done it with Fan and now I've done it with Lightbulb. Even though Fan forgave me, I'm not sure if Lightbulb ever will.
"Contestants, since you've finished your challenge feel free to hang out for the remainder of the day." Mephone says in a happy cheerful tone.
Well, since we have all afternoon with no other challenges planned I figure now is the perfect time to get the crack in the middle of my face patched up in the lab.
That is, until Mepad teleports in front of me.
"Why hello Test Tube! I would like to have a little chat with you if that's alright, can we walk together?"
I sigh. "Fine Mepad, but only for a little bit. I have things I have to attend to at my.. um....
"Your lab?"
Even he knows!?!?
"Don't worry Test Tube, I won't be long."
"Alrighty then."
We walk out of the elimination area and start heading to the challenge field when he starts talking to me again.
"I know you built your teleportation device from duplicating my parts, Test Tube."
My heart sinks down into my chest.
"WHAT??!?!? BUT YOU WERE IN SLEEP MODE!!!"
"Yes, but when I'm awake I can obviously feel that I've been tampered with. I know you're the only one with that kind of knowledge, Test Tube. My suspicions were confirmed when I saw you teleport so freely into the woods."
I put a hand to my head. I've screwed myself over haven't I?
"I'm not going to tell anyone Test Tube, but it can certainly get you eliminated from the game if Mephone 4 knew."
"What do you want from me then Mepad? Do you want me to split the million with you or something?"
"No, not at all Test Tube, I'm just looking for an apology from you. It's as simple as that."
Thank goodness he isn't telling the others. Giving him an apology is fine with me as long as I'm still in the game.
"Okay, I'm sorry for tampering with your parts while you were unconscious. Feel better?"
"Very." He squints his eyes like he's smiling at me.
Mepad is nice, he's the only one here who will talk to me anymore. I know I'm pathetic if I ask him this but I wonder if he would have any advice to give me on the Lightbulb situation.
"Um, Mepad..."
"Yes, Test Tube?"
I twiddle my fingers around a bit in my hands as we walk.
"So, um, imagine you got into an argument with, oh I don't know, Mephone. You know you messed up, but Mephone isn't having it in this fake scenario and he leaves you through this portal and you really want to say you're sorry but you don't know how to contact him and honestly you're just warming up to the idea that you may be a terrible person because of this argument and you did something that you can't take back." I take a breath of air because that was a big sentence to get out of my system. "What would you do in this completely fake scenario?"
He looks at me like he already knows what I'm referring to.
"Well, Test Tube, in this unrealistic scenario that never would happen I wouldn't take it so hard on myself. Instead, I would try to contact him by other means, like sending him a letter to show how deeply sorry I am and hopefully make the situation better."
"..."
"Could I ask you a question Test Tube?"
"Go ahead"
"Could this situation be a metaphor for what your current situation is with Lightbulb?"
Darn, I knew he would figure it out.
"Maybe...."
"You know, if you were to write a letter to her to show you're sorry, I would be happy to teleport it to Hotel Oj."
"You would really do that for me? Even though I tampered with you in the lab?"
"Well, you did apologize, so I don't hold any grudges or hurt feelings against you anymore. Plus, it's not really against the rules so I would be happy to oblige."
I look up and nod at him. I know what to do.
"Well, off to writing!"
I sprint to my lab but stop in the middle of of sprinting because I want to give Mepad one last thank you.
"Oh and Mepad, thanks for the advice."
"Anytime, Test Tube."
I get to my lab chute to find yet another Dr. Fizz machine on top of it.
"HOW DID THIS GET HERE AGAIN? I THOUGHT I TOOK IT APART!??!?"
Mepad calls out to me from a few feet away.
"Oh that? Mephone just summoned up a new one in its place. Don't worry, your passcode to the lab is still the same."
How does he know my password? I mean, everyone knows about the lab now so honestly I don't know why I'm questioning it anymore. However, it's odd that nobody has brought up the new Dr. Fizz machine until now... I guess they just don't really care that it just appeared out of nowhere. I wouldn't blame them, lots of weird things happen all the time in this game and all I'm focused on is winning.
Well, and apologizing to Lightbulb. I can see where Lightbulb is coming from a little bit more now that I've made that last statement in my mind.
I type in the code and to my surprise it actually was the same.
"I'll notify you when I complete the letter Mepad." I yell to him from a few feet away.
"Okay then Test Tube, I will be waiting." He yells back and teleports away.
Time to get to writing.