chapter 8 - we are girlfriends!

I finally get to the challenge area and everybody turns to look at me. "Well you're late, Mic." Mephone seems to be judging me but continues to talk to us. "There is good news and bad news everyone. The good news is, Mepad is back!" What? I thought Taco still had him in her possession. Well he was nowhere to be found last night so I assume someone just found him and took him back. I look to everyone to see if they are acting any differently. I then quickly realize that that's hard to do given that everyone is on edge at the moment. "The bad news is, I don't really have any challenges planned today since I was thinking of using Mepad's disappearance as an opportunity for a challenge." Mephone looks like he's thinking for what he should do when Mepad speaks up. "I have an idea if that's alright with you, sir"
"The floor is yours, Mepad."
"Thank you. I was thinking, how about a challenge where the contestants have to steal other contestants flags and the contestant with the least flags or none at the end gets eliminated? We could hide the flags in the woods!" "Mepad that's a great idea! You're so much better than Toilet at your job" Mephone scowls to himself and Mepad looks at the ground, visibly sad that Toilet's gone.
"In the woods?" I say to myself out loud.
"Do you have a problem with that Mic?" Baseball says to me.
"Well, not really" I lie to him "but wouldn't it be um, spooookier if we were in the haunted house?"
"We already have a haunted house episode mic, not to mention that it's not even Halloween." Mephone says with a tired tone. "Anyways contestants, you get a 5 minute head start to get to your designated flag and set whatever booby traps you desire."
Baseball starts to snicker to himself but then stops because everyone starts to look at him annoyed.
Mephone summons colored flags up and shows them to us.
"The colors I've selected are as follows so be sure to listen up everyone. Baseball, your flag is red. Suitcase, your flag is orange, Test Tube, yours is neon green, Lightbulbs is yellow and Mics is white. Mepad, will you do the honors of putting the flags in their spots?"
"Will do sir" Mepad disappears for about two minutes and comes back with some dirt on him. "You get a full hour to get as many flags as you can or be eliminated. The countdown starts now so go go go everyone!" Mephone sounds pretty excited.
Mepad's screen shows a five minute timer and everybody starts to run into the woods. I tune into where Taco is. "Hey Taco, everyone is heading your way so get out of there!"
"Already 5 steps ahead of you mic, I tapped into your conversation a long time ago. I've moved to the elimination area and have my invisibility bow on. I'll be fine, don't worry about me. I'll be helping you steal flags later on when your teammates aren't as vigilant and on the lookout."
"Ok got it, thank you. Wait someone is approaching me"
"Heya there Mic! Before I head off into the challenge thingy I just wanted to talk to you about something."
"Oh sure Lightbulb haha!" I force myself to chuckle at her. "What is it?"
"Well last night I saw you and taco talking and I was just wondering what that was about yaknow? And I'm not the type to get in everybody's buisness, but if you two are working together that's definitely grounds for getting eliminated- "NO! Not at all Lightbulb!" I gotta think of an excuse and quick, wait, I think I know what to do. "Don't tell anyone this okay? But me and Taco.. we are girlfriends! Not in the friendship way either. If you saw us yesterday on our romantic candle lit dinner together pretend it never happened please? Our love can never be when I'm still in the final five!" I sigh dramatically and put my hand on my face to make it more heartbreaking and believable. "Oooooh I gotcha girl" Lightbulb makes clicking sounds with her tongue and does finger guns. "I see now... you can't see eachother during the day so you try to make it up to her in the night time, pretty romantic! You know, even if Test Tube isn't my girlfriend and all, I wish we could have moments like that to show she cares yaknow? These days I don't even know if people care if I'm still he- oh where did you go?"
I sprinted away as Lightbulb was talking about her swooning for test tube, I know she needs to talk to me and all but I really I gotta get to this challenge to defend my flag from people who could take it. WAIT WAS TACO LISTENING INTO OUR CONVERSATION? Ugh... I'm blushing so hard right now GET IT TOGETHER MIC! I'll have to clear up that it was an excuse later but first I have to get to the challenge.