chapter 17 - based on a true story

"mmmmmm...... Tacoooooooo.... What time is ittttt?"
"Mic, it's nighttime already, we slept though the day. Our sleep schedules are absolutely terrible now."
"Really?"
I rub my eyes and looks around. Or, at least try to look around. It's so dark outside I can barely see anything.
"Where are you Taco?"
"I'm close Mic, here, let me turn my flashlight on."
Her face suddenly lights up and I jump a little. Sometimes I forget her teeth are pointy and sharp. Her lips kinda throw me off because they look so kissable but what's lying underneath them are dangerous.
"Did you get a little scared Mic? Hehe. How cute of you."
"Shut up Taco" I blush at her.
"Never" she looks at me again with her intense smile that I can't seem to take my eyes off of. I scoot over to her since she's only a few inches away from me on the grass.
"How about we tell some stories to get our minds off the game Mic?"
"What kind of stories?"
"Some.... SPOOKY ONES!"
she jumps out at me and I don't flinch at all. "Nice try Taco, but I'm not scared that easily-
Something taps my shoulder so I look to see what it is and taco yells from the other side of me.
"BOO!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"
I nearly had a heart attack! Taco thinks its funny though.
"Hm hm, I sure got you that time Mic."
I smile and cross my arms. "Sure you did."
She sets the flashlight in between us on the ground facing up.
We look at eachother for a moment under the glow of the flashlight. It's kind of intimate this way. Taco puts her hand in mine as she leans her face in and I follow her lead. I hold the side of her shell and tilt my head, and then-
"Microphone?"
"BASEBALL!"
he hasn't seen us yet, he's about 5 feet away when he called out my name though. Taco turns her invisibility bow on and ducks behind the bushes.
"Hey Microphone! I heard you screaming. Are you alright?"
Uh.... Yeah Baseball, nothing bad here... Just getting some anger out! AAAAAAAA!!! you know?"
"Heh. Yeah, I know. You must've been yelling all night given how red your cheeks are right now. You know, I've been feeling a little bit AAAAAAA!!! too since Suitcase left."
I'm really not in the mood to hear Baseballs monologue so I make up an excuse to drive him away.
"Awwwe, I feel for you Baseball. Wait, OMG! Is that a baseball bat? Oh no Baseball! You better run!"
"WHAT? WHERE? AAAAAAAA!!!!"
he runs away and I laugh to myself as Taco comes out from behind the bushes.
"You're not bad at being a bit scary yourself, Mic. Maybe I should take lessons from you!" She turns her invisibility bow off and walks towards me.
"Pfft I'm not that good, I just used his fear of baseball bats against him."
"But you did it on the spot! And with good manipulation tactics like appealing to his feelings before you told him that lie." She sits down on the grass next to me.
"Oh it really was nothing Taco." I give her a smile. Now, ready for some REEEEAL SCARY STORIES?"
"What on earth did you come up with Mic?"
I take the flashlight in my hands and come up with everything I say on the spot.
"On a daaaark and-"
I look up at the sky
"Fairly cloudy night.... There was a Taco and a Microphone all alooooooneeeee in the middle of the woodsssss"
"Oh so scary Mic, I'm quivering." She crosses her arms and her legs as if to tell me she's not interested in the rest.
"Shhh I'm not done yet Taco!"
"And they were sitting down on the grass.. JUST LIKE WE ARE!"
Taco checks her non-existent watch for the time.
"And they hear something in the woods, and it turns out to be a BIG..... GIANT.... EARTHWORM BLEEEEEEEEHHHHH!!!!!!"
I fall backwards and put on my most impressive dying act and she's still not impressed.
"Ok Mic, I'm gonna stop you right there." She's chuckling at my story too! The disrespect of this woman! "That was terrible, hear a story from me and try to improve yours will you?"
I begrudgingly nod my head and Taco grabs the flashlight from my hands.
"It was a night just like this one, and there was a chillyness to the air that felt a bit odd to the ones who weren't familiar to these parts of the woods." now that she mentions it, it feels a degree colder outside.
"The things that lurk at night stalk the ones whom they mark as prey, it starts with the feeling of uneasyness in the darkness."
ok, this is getting kind of scary.
"Then, the prey feels the eyes of the lurkers all around them" I look around, it's too dark to see anything at all. I put my hands up to my chest and hold my breath.
"And just when you don't suspect it..."
"..."
"..."
"Ta-

"THEY STRIKE!"
Taco shakes me by the shoulders and I freak out.
"AAAaAaaaAAAA!!!"
"Hm hm HA HA HA HA HA HA! OH MY GOODNESS MIC YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE IT WAS PRICELESS!"
I flush and look away.
"That wasn't scary at all Taco! You're just lucky you caught me off guard that time!"
"You seemed pretty scared though!"
She wipes a single tear away with her hand as she sets the flashlight down again.
"That was the best reaction I could've gotten! Oh my goodness I'm still not over it!"
I'm happy to see Taco overjoyed at how well her story worked but I have one that will throw her for a loop this time! I may not be able to make her scared, but I will be able to make her go beet red!
"You don't even have the guts to hear my story Taco!"
"The floor is yours Mic, just don't bore me to sleep with this one okay?"
She fake yawns as I take the flashlight into my hands.
"It was a dark and cloudy night... And an extremely hot British Taco sits next to a Microphone."
She raises her eyebrow and blushes a little but still treats this seriously.
"They are telling scary stories when suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, the Microphone leans down and smooches her!"
She doesn't look the least bit impressed with my story.
"Mic, that isn't scary at all"
I set the flashlight down.
"I thought you were taking notes?"
I lean in.
"why would you even think it would b-

and I steal her words with a kiss.

She looks up at me stunned after we part but begs for more with her eyes.
"I didn't tell you that this was based on a true story did I?"
"Oh my god Mic just shut up and kiss me already!"