chapter 22 - make me.

Test Tube is insane! I can't believe she made me do that!
I put my head in my hands and start to get a headache. The mental image of banging her arm with a hammer on the stainless steel countertop is too much to handle. I can still hear the whirring and clanking of the mechanical arms it in my head when I walk away from the Dr. Fizz machine. I'm looking down at the grass feeling a bit ill after what just happened. I bump into something in front of me though and I have to back up a little to see who it is.
"Hello Microphone! Perfect timing! I have just received a letter from Lightbulb at Hotel Oj and it's addressed to Test Tube! Could you maybe deliver it to her for me? I have to help Mephone set up the final challenge."
I'm definitely not going back in there after what just happened, but I'm curious about the note Mepad has. I'm sure this would count as an invasion of privacy but Test Tube just locked me into a room and made me beat her arms senselessly so I decide that this is payback enough.
"Sure! Of course! You can count on me Mepad!"
"Excellent Microphone! Thank you!"
He teleports away leaving the note on the ground.
I pick it up and examine it, the bright yellow envelope shines in the sun. There's a bunch of doodles on the front of Lightbulb and Test Tube holding hands and hugging. This looks super sappy already, but in an oddly charming way.
I start my walk into the woods to talk to Taco about what just happened as I open the envelope and read. The letter is written on a lined piece of paper and it says:

"Dear Testy,

I got your note and I have to say, it was pretty sappy for a dork like you! I could see it was thought out and stuff though, even if Paintbrush disagreed with me...

I know you want me to say that I forgive you, and trust me when I say that I want to, but I feel like I would be ignoring all of the damage you put me through if I did.

I thought about writing this letter to you lotsa times. Paintbrush told me not to but I didn't listen to them because I still care about you!

I want to be friends again. I don't forgive you quite yet, but if there was any truth to that letter you sent, I'm rooting for you to win! And one more thing before you start the last challenge:

I love you.

Sincerely,
Lightbulb"

"Well well well..."
"AAAA! Taco! Don't scare me like that!"
"Lightbulb still has her little crush on Test Tube after everything she put her through? How adorable." She chuckles to herself.
"Oh please! If we were in the situation they were in you would've done the same!" I roll my eyes at her and my lips curl up a little bit into a smile.
"Well I'm not going to confirm nor deny that, but it is truly genius how Lightbulb worded the letter without fully giving Test Tube closure. Why do you even have this letter anyways Mic?"
I crumple the letter a bit in my hands, creasing it.
"I have a lot to tell you about what just happened Taco."
Taco can see that I'm visibly disturbed and invites me over to the log we sat on when we had our first date. The tablecloth and candle isn't there anymore but I can still recognize it.
"Sit down and have some tea while you talk then, I know you don't drink it but at least try. It will calm your nerves a little."
When she says nerves I flinch a bit remembering what Test Tube explained to me in the lab. I try to shrug it off and sit down on the log so I can explain everything to her. I'm not crying for two reasons: one, because I've run out of tears to shed already and two, I'm trying to disassociate myself from what just happened.

When I'm finished talking about it Taco puts her hand on the small of my back.
I don't think she knows how to comfort me right now, so she shows that she cares through little actions like this one. Although it's hard for her to show emotions like sympathy, it's a step in the right directio-

"It's a shame that happened to you Microphone."

She averts her eyes as she says those words and I'm in shock. I take back what I said earlier, she's changing more than I ever could've imagined she would.
"Thank you." I say to her in my most genuine tone.
I look at the cup of tea in my hands that Taco prepared for me and I try to take a sip, but I spit it out the second it reaches my lips.
"EW, PLEH!"
"I'm still not over the fact that you don't enjoy tea Microphone, It's so... delectable!"
"It's disgusting!"
"You don't complain when you taste it on my tong-
I cover her face with my hands and start to blush.
"SHUT UP TACOOOOOOO!!!"
"make me."
"..."
"..."
We look at eachother again for a moment and next thing I know our lips are locked together.
... And I completely forget about the letter.