chapter 9 - AAAAA!!!!!

(trigger warning for this chapter, mentions and depictions of blood.)
........................................................

"You get a full hour to get as many flags as you can or be eliminated. The countdown starts now so go go go everyone!"

I start running and I don't look back. I head over to the left, while Baseball takes the path through the middle of the woods and Test Tube TELEPORTS? she's suddenly inside of the woods with a push of the button in her hands. Is that new? I can't believe she would just cheat like that! Well, technically she still has to find her flag and ours but it will be ten times easier for her. I finally reach the woods after running for a while and I catch my breath as the five minute timer goes off. They definitely didn't give us much time to find our flags huh? The woods are so dark with the leaves hiding most of the sunlight. Time to get to searching.
I start to look under rocks and behind trees for a few minutes when a peculiar bush catches my eyes. It has a dark aura to it but one leaf seems to be more brightly colored than the bush itself, I assume it's a flag. Before I know it I'm walking over to it. "In order to win this challenge I'm going to have to do this, get as many flags as I can or be eliminated right?" I take a deep breath and dive headfirst into what I assume to be a regular bush. It's so dark in here and I can feel the bush prickling me. Wait.. prickling me? Is this a THORN BUSH? I start to panic, I wasn't expecting this. I feel the thorns getting more painful by the second. my body starts to tear with every movement I make in the bush as I fish around for the neon green cloth. I'm not going down without a fight though. I use my mouth and try to catch the piece of cloth in the middle of the bush. First bite, nothing. Second bite, a mouthful of thorns. Finally after my third and final bite I grab the soft piece of cloth in my mouth. I try to pull back to get it loose and it hurts. The thorns scratch my side and cuts off a piece of my left suitcase strap. I can start to taste blood. I do one big yank on the cloth with my mouth and I finally make it out.

I breathe a heavy breath

I guess I found Test Tubes flag but this isn't good for me. The top of my case starts to hang slightly ajar since half of what was holding it together on one side got torn apart. I'll have to repair it later. My face is bleeding and I'm scratched up everywhere. I notice the vision in my right eye is hazier than before.
I walk away from the bush and try and spit out as many thorns as I can. I put Test Tube's flag in me, not even needing to open my case since its already hanging slightly open.
Why did Mephone even give us color coded flags anyways? He didn't know which way we were walking right? Plus we have to find them on our own, which makes this challenge ten times harder. Maybe Mepad just tried to predict where we would go and failed miserably. We are just trying to get the most flags out of everyone right? Colors really shouldn't matter with that logic, but then again he told us to listen up when he was talking about them so maybe it's something that he hasn't revealed to us yet about those. might as well be more safe than sorry and find my own flag.
As I'm thinking about the logistics of this game, something springs out from behind a tree in front of me. "HEY SUITCASE! GUESS WHAT I GOT!" "AAAAA!!!!!"
I fall backward, laying face up on the grass.
"Darn what happened to you?!"
Well this adds insult to injury, Baseball just wanted to surprise me. I sit up and mumble in pain.
"Well I got into a thorn bush so sorry if I seem a little rough around the edges haha."
"Oh" he looks upset, do I look that bad right now?
"I can't really help you that much but I'll try to lend a hand for you. Do you need some help up?"
"Yes please"
Baseball kicks me up and I wobble a little. I took a lot of damage from that bush huh. I guess Mepad really hates Test Tube for some reason because he put her flag in the most dangerous spot out here. Extremely passive aggressive of him to do.
I look up at Baseball and see he has my flag in his left foot, he holds it up to me and starts waving it in my face. "Look at what I found Suitcase! It was pretty easy to find, just laying right there on the path!" My orange flag was just.. RIGHT THERE??? I hated going through all that trouble earlier. I should've took the path with Baseball.
"Now if you could just give me MY flag i would kindly appreciate it."
"I'm sorry Baseball, I don't have your flag." I don't mention Test Tubes flag in my case because he might want to steal it from me.
"Daaaaarn well.. guess I can't give you this one then."
He starts to walk away from me but I can't do this on my own anymore, especially since I'm bleeding everywhere. I'm gonna have to help him get his flag from whatever or whoever has it.
"WAIT! I'll help you find your flag! You know what they say about us! Armless objects stick together! Haha!"
"Wow suitcase! You sure do know how to be easily manipulated by others! Let's go then! Where should we start to look?" I ignore that first comment he made and roll my eyes. He starts to act more and more like Nickel everyday, it's probably a coping mechanism at this point. "Well maybe we could ask Test Tube if she has it. Lightbulb is probably still behind the rest of us and I haven't seen Mic in awhile. Plus I saw Test Tube teleport into the woods earlier so I have some sort of idea of where she is."
"TELEPORT? she can do that now?"
He breathes a long sigh.
"I'm glad I voted for Test Tube back at the elimination you know? She's getting way too powerful. If I had to face up with her in the final two I would never be able to beat her."
"Um... Yeah.."

Well, this is awkward. We've been walking for 15 minutes now and still no sign of Test Tube. I was sure she would teleport to the right given that I was on the left and baseball was in the middle. My feet are starting to hurt, but to my surprise we finally find someone else walking to the right of the path as well.
Lightbulb is looking a bit depressed, judging by the look on her face she probably got her heart broken by Test Tube or something. She doesn't have a flag in her hand, she has a can of Dr. Fizz instead. She's probably given up already since she's at the edge of the woods and probably just got here. Plus, she's not doing anything at all, just walking in slow motion. Maybe she can stick with us and we can help find the flags together! She catches my eyes looking at her and starts to approach me with a slight smile on her face. I look at Baseball for reassurance in my plan but all he does is tell me "let's walk the opposite way, Suitcase."
"Oh um, okay then" guess we aren't going to help Lightbulb. She's probably upset we turned our backs on her. I can hear her footsteps stop.

After walking for a bit I muster up the courage to ask Baseball about Lightbulb.
"I just wanted to know Baseball, why didn't you want Lightbulb to join us?"
"Because we're on our own now Suitcase. We can't trust Lightbulb or any other object in this game anymore. This is a free for all, I only make the exception for you because you've been apart of this alliance for so long. She doesn't have a single flag to steal off of her anyways."
Wow. After that Knife pep talk yesterday he seems to be pretty on edge when it comes to other contestants.
I guess she'll have to be on her own for this one.