12 | The Annual Mafia Ball

Audrey Garcia

Today is the day of the Annual Mafia Ball. Elena fixed up the dress for me and it fit perfectly.

I just kicked Carlos out of the room, after he finished getting ready, for me to wear the dress. I kept my hair down and decided not to straighten it for the ball today, and keep my hair natural and wavy. I wore pale baby blue heels I borrowed from Viola and went for a natural make up look. Lip gloss, clear mascara, blush and eyeliner.

Once I was ready, I looked at the clock hanging on the wall and saw it was 7:38pm. The AMB starts in 22 minutes. I got up and looked at myself in the mirror once more, smiled, then rushed out of the room. Everyone was downstairs since I heard the sound of loud chatting coming from the living room. I walked down the stairs and met with everybody. Viola was wearing the beautiful dress she had picked out, Fluerie wore a stunning navy blue dress, Elena wore a beige gown and Rose had a red one.

I also spot Vanessa standing behind the ladies on her phone chewing gum in an all pink shimmer dress that isn't even close to the theme we are going for.

Nolan, Giovanni and my father wore black and gray outfits. I looked around and my eyes laid on Carlos. He wore the same thing the rest of the men here wore, yet it looked way hotter on him. His eyes connected with mine as he slowly walked over to the staircase. Once he is in front of me at the bottom of the staircase he slowly looks me up and down, from head to toe, and then smiles as he looks back up at me. "You look stunning, amore." I smile at his compliment and thank him.

He stretched out his hand a holds mine as I walk down the last few steps. I look him in the eyes once more and then look away. I do not like him. I hate him. I shake it off and let go of his hand, and walk towards the door with everyone else. We walk out, and get into a car. I get into the limo with Carlos, Viola, Nolan, and Fluerie. I decided to sit away from Carlos and sit beside Fluerie instead. I don't sit by Viola since I notice her and Nolan flirting a little and don't want to ruin their little moment.

I'm glad she is making the move, they really are made for each other.

The car ride isn't long and we arrive there 3 minutes before the clock hits 8 o'clock. There are a few people here, but not everyone. I step out of the car and walk towards the entrance. I look up and it looks like it's about to rain soon.
My father walks up to me and taps me on my shoulder to catch my attention. "Remember. No fights, this goes to both of you, okay?" He looks at me and Carlos who is standing beside me. I groan and agree, "Fine." He smiles. He leaves the two of us and walks away to Giovanni.

At the entrance stand two security men. "Full names please." One of them asks. "Audrey Valentina Garcia." I reply, and Carlos replies to them with "Carlos Del Rosso." The man nods, "Please walk over to Diego, the other security guard right behind me to search you both for weapons." We both nod and move forward, but I'm afraid since I'm hiding a gun and dagger strapped to my thigh, just incase anything happens.

Carlos goes first and the security guard pats Carlos's thighs and arms. "You're good to go. Enjoy your night, sir." Diego nods in approval and Carlos stands by the security guard, waiting for me. When Diego turns towards me, I catch him staring at my chest for a second and from the corner of my eye I can see Carlos's jaw and fist clench.

Diego pats my waist and then slowly slides his hands down my side, towards my thigh as he looks up at me. I get worried he will find the weapons hidden underneath my dress, but Carlos saves me. "That's enough." Carlos sounds pissed. He grabs my wrist and pulls me away from Diego.