Chapter 1--Meeting the Hamadas

Guide:

(Y/N): Your Name

(H/C): Hair Colour

(H/L): Hair Length

(E/C): Eye Colour

(Y/L/N): Your last Name

Dark stormy clouds overhead rumbled lowly as you slowly made your way to the Lucky Cat Café one day after school. It was blustery, it was cold, and worse of all, it was raining buckets. Puddles were pooling all over the sidewalks, on the asphalt, your feet splashing through the wet ground as the rain soaked you to the bone, the chill settling deep in your flesh. You grit your teeth as you continued the trudge, though for the millionth time you wished you weren't foolish enough to forget an umbrella. Nonetheless, you ruled it out. The weather reflected your mood exactly, and what did it matter, for someone who already lived a hopeless life? There's no room for hope anymore. Not in your situation. 

It took a few moments, but eventually after avoiding all of the passersby staring at you like you were crazy, you reached the Café. With cold white fingers you reached for the handle of the front door and pushed it open.

The sound of tinkling bells alerted Aunt Cass working at the counter, and she turned to your shivering form at the door.

"Aww, (Y/N)!" she cried, rushing to you. "Are you okay?"

You nodded, teeth chattering. "F-f-fine. Thanks, Aunt Cass."

But she clucked her tongue in disapproval. "Nope. You are not okay. Thank goodness you showed up early before your shift. Normally I wouldn't tend to clients or workers in this condition, but let's just make this an exception for you."

You smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Aunt Cass."

"I'll go grab some hot chocolate and dry clothes for you," Aunt Cass said. "In the meanwhile, my nephew, Hiro, should be able to keep you company. He's just got out of SFIT for the day a while ago, so he should be able to help you out."

"Thank you so much, Aunt Cass. How can I repay you?"

Aunt Cass just smiled at you. "Just do your best work here, and don't make me fire you."

You laughed airily at her response, promising yourself not to let anyone down. As Aunt Cass left, you heard footsteps descending from a set of stairs, and you turned to see...a young teenager about your age, holding a small bot in his left hand. He wore a dark blue hoodie, a red t-shirt, dark beige shorts, and black high-top converse shoes. He ran a hand through his messy black hair, and you simply smiled at him in greeting. 

"Hi," Hiro greeted you with a wave. "You're (Y/N), right? Aunt Cass's new employee?"

You nodded in response.

"You don't mind me sitting with you, don't you?" Hiro asked.

You shook your head. "Not at all," you replied, gesturing to the empty chair across from you.

Hiro quickly went over to that chair and sat in it, taking a good look at you. You were freezing and he could tell by the way you were trying to keep yourself together, keep yourself warm...but apart from that, he thought you looked pretty. Probably on a normal day he would see you better, but at the moment, the way your (H/L) wet (H/C) hair framed your face made him stare at you...and your (E/C) eyes just captivated him.

"And you are Hiro, right?" you asked him in return. Hiro nodded, giving you a small smile.

Just then, Aunt Cass came back with a warm blanket and a cup of hot cocoa, and also set a plate stacked with small cupcakes on the table. She also set some of her dry clothes off to one side so that you could change before you could work.