Chapter 15--Confrontations

"Not so fast, uncle!"

A young girl's voice rang through the chamber-one that sounded all too familiar in your ears-and Callaghan turned away to face the person who spoke. Your eyes widened as the bully from your school, Trudy, entered the scene, wearing her typical school outfit with a slight smirk on her face.

The shock on your face must have also registered in Hiro's and Melanie's faces as well, though everyone else looked on with confusion.

"Trudy?" Melanie choked out. "What do you want?"

Trudy smiled evilly. "Oh, hello, new girl. Can't believe you actually managed to make friends with these people. You honestly should have joined my side. We could have had much fun-you, me, my uncle, together, destroying this group of nerds who have already lost hope of finding (Y/N). I mean, come on, she already died, didn't she? We already gave her the right treatment to finish her off. Now she's gone and would never come back."

There was dead silence in the room, and you couldn't believe your ears at this lie that Trudy had to spill. You squeezed Hiro's hand harder than ever, for fear that you were going to lose a grip on everything if you let go, or didn't hold tight enough.

"What do you mean, (Y/N)'s dead?" Hiro demanded.

"Come on," Trudy huffed. "Didn't you pass by her cell? Didn't you see that she escaped? Well, she did that out of misery, you fool. She cast herself off the island."

"And how exactly do you know?" Melanie asked.

"I saw with my own eyes."

"You liar!" you screamed, deactivating your invisibility mechanism to reveal yourself to Trudy.

The effect was immediate as you stood there now facing Trudy, a look of hatred and loathing and anger flashing in your eyes. Tense silence filled the chamber now as you stared her down, imagining that if you stared hard enough you could disintegrate her with high-voltage lasers from your eyes.

"No...(Y/N)?" Trudy's look of shock was unfortunately not enough for you to buy it.

"You thought I died," you said, your voice echoing through the chamber. "You thought that I would give up after my parents died. Well, guess what, Trudy. You're wrong. I have friends by my side, unlike you. Why do you want to make my life miserable?"

"Stop being ignorant, (Y/N)," Trudy sneered. "We all know of your father's rivalry with my uncle. Or maybe that would be vice versa." She then activated rocket boosters under her boots-how did she get rocket boosters in a normal outfit she wore everyday?-and joined Callaghan. "See my uncle here?" she asked, pointing to Callaghan. "My uncle, yes, he was the one who put the poison in your father's wine, and he was the one who forced your mom to think dark thoughts. He triggered her. She wasn't so easy to manipulate, but manipulate her we did."

"YOU DRUGGED HER?" you screamed in terror, all confidence now completely shattered away. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY MOM?!"

The entire group sensed your fear as you screamed, and huddled closer to you.

"Why is that important?" Trudy asked you.

"I thought my mom gave up on her own accord," you said. "But how did it turn out that YOU were the ones behind all this?!"

"Wasn't I trying to make that obvious at school?" Trudy retorted. "Wasn't I trying to make it obvious that WE were the ones breaking your family apart?" She then approached you so that you two were practically inches away. "I told her everything that you ever did at school since your father died. It was pretty hard, since she refused to believe that you went around not even talking to anyone after your father died. But after a while she noticed. She took herself at a weak side too. She gave up. I'm surprised you didn't."