Chapter 27--Chaos

The gunshot. Hiro's scream. The black-and-white tiled floor blurring and spinning in front of your eyes.

That was all you registered before you saw the world spin around and turn fuzzy, like you were suddenly plunged underwater, and you slumped forward, collapsing on Gogo's back, Hiro holding on to your arms.

"What the-" Gogo muttered, before seeing you collapse. "Oh no."

"Did anyone else hear that gunshot?" Wasabi asked in fear. "Don't tell me I was the only one."

"I heard it too," Honey Lemon said frantically. "Oh, I hope (Y/N) makes it!"

Hiro shook his head frantically, pulling your completely unresponsive body towards him as he cradled your head with his hand, a hand on your back, and he knelt on the floor now crying. "No, (Y/N), I...no...please...no..."

"Thank GOD I brought Baymax!" Aunt Cass cried. "Excuse me while I go and get that for you all." With that, she ran out of the courtroom.

"I'll go follow her," Tadashi piped up, rushing after Aunt Cass.

Mr. Lacitier was the only one, however, who noticed Callaghan holding a small pistol in his hands about the size of a small toddler's fist, and his eyes narrowed. The police tried to hold him back now, restrain him, but Callaghan broke free of their clutches and knocked them down.

"Hiro," he said, nudging him.

"What..."

Hiro's eyes widened when he saw Callaghan with the pistol. "What the actual hell?!" he cried.

"Allow me," Mr. Lacitier told him. "You need to take care of (Y/N) before her time is up!"

Hiro nodded as he returned to you, and Mr. Lacitier shoved through the crowd and made his way to Callaghan.

"Robert," he said coldly. "I thought you knew better."

Callaghan's eyes narrowed, and he huffed out a sigh from gritted teeth. "Ted Lacitier," he snarled. "I thought I would never see you again."

"And see you again I have," Mr. Lacitier growled. "Now hand that pistol over, right now."

"Or else what?" Callaghan asked, lifting the pistol high above his head. "You're going to tell the police that I was STILL on (Y/N)'s tail? She knew way too much. She has uncovered way too much of my plans. So what else can I do except finish her off on the spot?"

"Oh no you don't!" Mr. Lacitier roared, jumping up and snatching the pistol away from Callaghan and pointing it at him. "She's my friends' child. She has a life. She never did anything to you, or your niece. Why are you doing this to her?"

"What in the world is going on here?"

A different voice rang through the courtroom, and everyone's-except your-eyes widened as another young woman with short brown hair tied in a short ponytail entered the room, glaring at Callaghan.

"Abigail?" Callaghan stammered softly, completely at a loss.

"Father," she spat out, pushing everyone out of the way.

"H-how did...how did you..." Callaghan stammered again, eyes widening at the sight of his daughter present in the courtroom.

Abigail just laughed. "How did I find you in the courtroom?" she asked him. "Easy. I read the news about the trial. I'm not stupid, dad."

"When did you get here?" he asked.

"Just now," she simply said. "Just now, while everyone else is running for their--is that a GUN?!"