Chapter 14--Reunions

"We have to land, Baymax!" Hiro cried, the moment the island and the base came into view. "(Y/N) and her company must be in there waiting for us."

Baymax obeyed and brought the entire group down to the pavement, Melanie retracting her ropes and landing lightly on the ground and bending her knees from the impact before the rest of the group scrambled off of Baymax.

"Yeah!" Fred cheered, jumping up and down. "Our second landing together on this island as a team."

"Quarantine?" Wasabi groaned, pointing his thumb at the sign behind him on the fence. "Still?"

"They probably didn't remove the sign," Honey Lemon noted. "This is an old island after all...abandoned, really."

"We do not have much time," Baymax reminded them. "I sense that (Y/N) needs us."

"Lead the way, Baymax," Hiro told him. "We need to see that (Y/N) is okay."

"I'll go with you," Melanie said, walking up to Hiro's side and giving him a nod.

"Alright. Let's go."

Together, the group climbed through the hole that Wasabi made the first time they were on the base and headed inside, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

"This is weird," Gogo remarked quietly. "Somehow this feels more depressing than I last remember."

"Maybe it's because...there are prisoners here," Fred pointed out, pointing to the upcoming jail cells. Sure enough, they saw them-prisoners of all ages who have threatened to stop Callaghan from taking total control of their lives.

"Is this, like, another part of the base?" Honey Lemon asked uncertainly. "I don't remember being in here."

Gogo shrugged. "No idea."

"Guys, look!" Melanie cried, pointing to one of the jail cells, which looked like it had been unlocked.

The group crowded around the cell and looked at the label that was stuck to the door.

Tadashi Hamada, 21

Gisele Norimo, 10

(Y/N) (Y/L/N), 14

ESCAPED

"My brother was here...?" Hiro whispered, his hand hovering over his brother's name.

"So was my little sister!" Melanie cried softly, her hand flying to her mouth. "But how could this be possible? Her injuries were critical!"

"Maybe they have doctors here before they threw them in jail," Gogo pointed out. "They can't be THAT merciless."

"Let's hope that's true," Hiro murmured. "But we need to see where they are."

Together, they moved on to the main chamber at the end of the corridor, where the previously abandoned project Silent Sparrow was situated. The broken destructed portal was removed, but most of the debris still remained on the ground.

"You got to be kidding me," Melanie cried, wincing as she almost fell in an empty crack in the stones. She touched a button on her left arm that released a rope, and she directed it to a support beam on the ceiling, pulling herself out of the crack and swinging to the rest of the group with her body weight before landing and joining the rest of the team.

"We need to split up," Hiro told the rest of the team.

But before they could do anything else, they saw a shadow hover over their forms. They turned to see a huge boulder suspend itself over the ground before moving itself over to the side.