Chapter 11--Reactions gone wrong

(A.N. This is gonna go in editing mode sorry guys)

For a moment you could have sworn that you set a bomb. No one spoke at all. Everyone was staring at you, wide-eyed.

"You think..." Fred finally spoke up softly. "You think this Lacitier guy could be some kind of...what was it again...mad scientist?"

"This isn't a comic book world!" Gogo scolded him, raising a hand, but Honey Lemon stopped her.

"Hey, Gogo, calm down!" Honey Lemon cried. "He might have a point. Foul smells probably don't come around for (Y/N) every day, doesn't it?"

You shrugged. "I guess not."

Hiro looked at you with worry. "So you were almost breathing in poisonous fumes just now...am I right?"

"Not just now," you corrected him. "This morning though, yeah."

"This is scary," Melanie admitted in a scared voice, and you nodded.

"But why would he be performing experiments in a bedroom when all he would do is make the bedroom inhabitable?" Fred asked openly.

The gears in your brain began to turn furiously. "Maybe...he wanted this place to be completely inhabitable. I mean, my house in general."

"The only place where your happiest memories lie..." Hiro said, taking your hand. "You realize what that means, right?"

You nodded grimly. "If he gets rid of my house, then he and I would have to move since he's my legally bounded guardian. But then...you never know what he could do to me. Any moment I could be killed." You turned to Melanie. "You sure it could be Mr. Lacitier who's trying to kill me? Somehow I think it's not him at all..."

"You're saying someone could have forced him to kill your father and lead your mom into depression?" Wasabi asked, and you and Melanie both turned to him. "Mr. Lacitier sounds like a creep himself. We don't want anyone else in the picture."

"It could be possible," Hiro spoke up. "What if...what if Mr. Lacitier's completely innocent? Probably his sign might mean that he's lonely or something. Probably that's why he wants to take care of (Y/N)."

"That's a thought," Honey Lemon nodded. "But (Y/N), are you sure you heard him deal with vials and stuff?"

"I can ask Mr. Lacitier when I head home after work," you said. "If he's only in there working on stuff like tea, then I can understand. He probably...well, he may have a back story. But...I still can see his creepy side, and then I'm not completely convinced."

"Well, Mr. Lacitier poisoning your dad and leading your mom off the edge is already enough to convince us that he is the villain of our story," Melanie pointed out.

"I haven't gotten to know Mr. Lacitier completely," you admitted. "We shouldn't just look on the surface, guys. His brewing and stuff may be to get rid of whatever he's hiding from me. But...I don't know what made me not trust him."

"Do you want to give this some more time?" Gogo asked. "I mean, yes, Mr. Lacitier sounds creepy. But we can't just to instant conclusions."

You nodded. "Probably. It would be pretty bad if we jump on an innocent man."

Aunt Cass suddenly showed up at your table and looked at you. "(Y/N), are you ready to get to work?"

You nodded again, smiling. "Thanks for reminding me, Aunt Cass. I'll get to work soon."

Aunt Cass nodded and left the table, and you got up, Hiro and Melanie following suit.

"Good talk, guys," you grinned. "Sorry for the false alarm."