17th May 2012

P.Grimm

Date: 17th May 2012
Current Location: Huntington Academy
Time: 23:10
Injuries: Arm has healed/still sore.
Current Case: The witches have been stopped. New case pending; will know by morning.

 Daily Summary:

It felt good to be working with Zane again, and for something different, the Buntings were with us. I kind of envy Jordan and Elise for having them as parents. For so long my own father made sure I was never in danger – he never expected me to the live the life I was born into. I know he always wanted a boy, he’s old fashioned that way I guess. I don’t hate him for it, I hate him for not believing in me. Mr. Bunting didn’t hesitate today in trusting my abilities. Dad would have ordered I stay in the car, no, he never would have let me come – dumped me somewhere first. Would have been somewhere nice though. I do miss staying in those amazing hotel suites. Shopping. Not having my arm broken or bruises ruining my skin. But I’m happy now, a different kind a happy – a real happy. Retail therapy doesn’t compare to kicking ass and I know I’m getting better. Zane tells me so.

I really like him. He’s like my adopted brother, and I love that. You know I’m an only child, and I kind owe Elise a lot for introducing and accepting me as part of her team. I owe her a lot really for giving me the courage to stick up for myself, for telling off my Dad, for – believing in me too. I wonder if she’s always been like this and I’ve just been to, selfish to notice. I think of school and our friendship, but it really wasn’t. Our parents are friends, so it was expected of us to be friends, but instead it was just a competition. She was better than me at so much, and she didn’t have to even try. I was more popular. Her attitude, didn’t really help, but now look at her. Maybe one day people will look at me like they do her, and they will know my name because of something I’ve done –not my ancestors or my dad. Me.

On the topic of Elise, she is missing again. Her demons were zoned out watching TV when we got home, and her parents are kind of freaking out. They’re trying not to, mostly because of her snakes being so calm and unworried. Zane just left with Alfie to check out that bar she goes to down the road. I don’t know why. It’s old, full of vamps and god knows what else and the prices are ridiculous. That’s the thing that annoys me about her, she has all these people who love and support her, yet she can’t even leave a note on the kitchen bench? It’s selfish. She’s so used to them all being here and putting up with her shit (mostly because they let her get away with it) she probably doesn’t even see anything wrong with her actions. She has that Tracker worshipping her, Zane’s the same and her family… Great. Now I sound jealous and you know what – I am!

Whatever.

I’m going to bed and I guess I’ll find out what’s going on in the morning. For everyone else’s’ sake, I hope Elise is okay, but if she’s not, serve her right for having that indestructible attitude.