Chapter Fifteen

I was still pumped up from the vampires we had run into on the way to the karaoke bar and struggled to sit still. Luckily I had plenty I could do, so bobbed my head in time to the catchy pop tune currently being played. The jerks thought they had been clever getting the three of us to enter the alley way; just kids, they had called us. Idiots.

"Drink?" Logan asked and nodding, I left Drew with two slayers I couldn't remember the names of and followed him up to the bar. "You look really good tonight."

Leaning against him, Logan had one arm resting on the bar and the other around my waist. A sweet kiss was placed on my cheek, before he turned to the bartender and ordered for us.

"You look pretty good yourself." I returned the gesture. "But I got vamp goo on my new shoes."

Glancing down, the silver stiletto was never going to be the same after I had used it to break the vamps knee before Drew had staked it. Yet another reason why I hate vampires, always interrupting a good night.

"If you had let us take care of them, it wouldn't have been an issue." He reminded me.

I think his exact words had been along the lines of, don't want to mess up your hair, after I made us late by straightening it. That had just pissed me off though, so I attacked first. I rarely got to look like a girl these days, I hadn't worn shoes like this since we had been in Fiji and went to that really expensive restaurant for dinner. Before that, it was hard to remember. Either way, I wasn't prepared to let them have all the fun.

"My hero!" I swooned sarcastically. "What are their names again?"

"Whose names?"

"Drew's friends."

"Um, Carla and Johnny? I think." Logan answered, glancing towards the table over my shoulder.

Instantly I felt him tense and before I could turn to look, he stopped me with a real kiss that only ended when the bartender made an awkward coughing sound. For a succubus, she was a bit of a kill joy, but she hadn't asked for ID so I couldn't hold a grudge. I picked up my cocktail and turned to go back to the table and stopped as I saw our newest arrival.

Tom.

I waited for Logan, managing to keep some control instead of just going over and punching him, but as I watched, it got even better as he moved to grab another chair from a table beside ours and the tiny person his body had been blocking came into sight.

Sam.

"Wanna go dance?" Logan asked cautiously.

"No, not yet." I smiled at him, which only made him frown.

Drew looked our way and the same look that was on Logan's face was on his too. I smiled in return and shrugged, before sipping my drink. Grabbing Logan's hand, we went the long way back to our table and there wasn't any room for us now those two had arrived.

"Just, give me a second." I told Logan.

We stopped just behind them, and the horrible singer on stage finished. Everyone clapped and the music died for a few seconds.

"What are we doing?" Logan asked, glancing back to the others.

"Ssh!" I hushed him, set on eavesdropping. I glanced back over my shoulder and Drew put down his beer. None of them seemed aware we were back.

"Logan and Elise are here Tom, can you not be an asshole tonight?" I heard Drew say.

Carla and Johnny made an oh sound, before Carla had to ask. "Why would Tom be an asshole to them? They seem pretty cool!"