Chapter six

Nikki's P.O.V**

It's been about two months since we've seen the boys. They've been on tour, which they haven't done in a little while so I'm glad they were all enjoying themselves. 

I wasn't sure when they were coming home, and it bugged me, I know the boys wanted to surprise us all. Which was cool, Alex and Nikolett were staying here with me so they'd all come here first. 

It was a little after 9 and I was putting Xavier down. He looked up to me and smiled. He looked just like Mike. Thos big brown eyes, and the shaggy dark hair. He was growing up so fast. 

"Mommy, will you tell me a story about you and Daddy?" He asked, hugging his little bear tight to his chest, I smiled sadly, knowing he missed Mike just as much as I did. 

I thought of a good story to tell Xavier that I haven't told him yet. 

"How about the day we got married? Let's see. It was on a beach. I remember how handsome daddy looked. I had the butterflies flying in my tummy." I tickled his stomach to show him, he squirmed and giggled. "Uncle Tony walked me down the asile. And the preist told us to say our vows." I said smiling, remembering that day.

"You're daddy said something like, how the day we met and I knocked the books out of his hands, he knew he would marry me someday. I don't know how he knew it, cause i thought we'd only be best friends, but he knew it." I said, trying not to cry. Xavier had a huge smile on his face. "What'd you say mommy?" 

"Well I said how thankful I was for him, and since I was pregnant with you, I told him what a perfect daddy he would be. And how I would never ever leave his side. I was right wasn't I? He's a pretty good dad huh ?" I said. He nodded his head. 

I kissed his forehead and hugged him tight in my arms. "I love you pumpkin. Sweet dream baby." I said getting up, I stood in the door way and smiled. "Goodnight mommy. I love youu." I turned out the lights and closed the door. 

I allmost screamed when I ran into Austin who was standing outside the door. He had tears running down his face. He embraced me tightly and I didn't hesitate to hug him back. 

"He'll be home sooner than you think I promise." He said kissing my head. "It's not fair that they told you when they're coming home and not us!" I said pouting. He just laughed and went into the guest room with Alan. I went into the other guest room where Alex was staying to say goodnight. We usually slept together, or Nikolett and Lyric would come over and we'd all stay on the couches downstairs.

But Lyric went out of town with her boyfriend,  and Nikolett asked if she could stay alone in the extra guest rooom , and ALex did too.

"Hey. Wanna paint with me?" I asked her, she smiled sadly. "Not tonight. I'm just going to go to sleep." She said grabbing my hand. I nodded understanding, it was hard, and now she knows how I felt when Mike left the first time after Xavier was born. I hugged her and went to say goodnight to Nikolett. 

After that I ran up to the third floor and slipped into some shorts and a white tank top. I pulled my hair up in a messy pony tail and looked in the mirror, all my tattoos vibrant against the white. I smiled and walked into my  studio.

I plugged my iPhone into the dock and shuffled, "The Sky Under the Sea" began playing and I smiled. I reached up to the big roll of paper hanging on the top of the wall. I pulled it down and dragged it across the ground a little, making it like a back drop. 

I took out two things of paint. I painted a monster like thing [i.e picture on the side without the words] That big of a painting took me a while. I looked at the time and it was only 11. I wasn't done. I took the colored paints and stuck my hand in it.