Chapter Eleven

Nikki's P.O.V**

 "Babe. Baby wake up. Nikki baby wake up." Mike said shaking me awake. I slowly opened my eyes. "Good Morning sunshine." I said puckering my lips. He laughed and kissed me. "I just wanted to wake you up before I left. I'm going to go record with the guys for the day, and I'm bringing Xavier. You got Cassadee?" He asked pulling the sheets off the bed. 

"Yes baby. I'll bring up her up here while i take a shower .I'll walk you guys to the door." I said getting up. 

Mike helped me out of bed and hugged me. "I love you Nikki. You know, it's almost our 5th year anniversary." He said kissing the top of my head. 

Wow. 5 fucking years, married to the man i fell in love with in highschool. I looked up at him and smiled. "I know. " I kissed him. "Let's go babe." He said walking towards the door. "Carry me!" I said jumping onto his back. 

He laughed and carried me down to our sons room.

"Mommy! I get to go to work with daddy!" He said running up to me as I jumped off of Mike's back. I picked him up. "I know baby! Have a whole bunch of fun with your uncles, and don't get into any trouble okay!" I said kissing him. "Okay mommy!" He giggled and wiggled down. 

"We gotta go. I love you babe." He said kissing me. "Love you too." I smiled. 

I watched them walk down the stairs and decided to go get Cassadee and bring her upstairs so i could get ready for a mommy daughter day!

I walk into her pink room and look at her sleeping body. I smiled and unhooked the bassanet from it's place. I carried it up and placed it just outside the bathroom door. I turned on the water and pulled off my clothes. 

"I miss the bas things, the way you hate me. I miss the screaming, the way you blame me..." My phone rang. I looked down to see an unknown number. Huh.. 

"Hello?" I picked up. "Nikki.." a familiar voice said. My heart dropped. 

"What do you want.." I practically whispered. "I have a restraining order on you Shane." I said quietly. 

"Nikki. I know Nik. I just wanted to talk. I miss you so bad. I regret what I did to you. I never stop thinking about it. I know you're so happy with Mike. I know you have your son. I just.. I just want to see you one last time. One more time Nikki. To really apologize for everything I've ever done. I want to get that off my chest so I can move on to be a better person. But I can't do that until I've really apologized. Someday, i'd like to apologize to Mike. But I figured you'd be better first. Please Nikki." He begged. 

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I looked in the mirror. Half of me says no, half of me says yes. I mean I'll have cassadee. He won't hurt me.. 

"When Shane?" I sighed again. I heard him let out a breath he was obviously holding in. "Noon? At the park down town." He said. I nodded, not that he could see me.

"I really hope this isn't a trick Shane. I'm really trusting you, and I don't know why." I said shakingly.

"I know Nikki. I know it's hard to trust me, but I'm being sincere. I won't hurt you again. I love you Nik."

"See you in a few hours Shane." I said hanging up the phone.

I was shaking. What were you doing Nikki. This is the same man who kidnapped you in Italy. The one who broke your heart in highschool. I'm strong. I know what I'm doing. Right?

I stepped in the shower and banged my head against the wall a few times before finally just leaning against it and letting the water hit my body.

"You're gonna be okay." I said silently.