Chapter thirteen

Nikki's P.O.V**

"Mike? Mikey baby, you home?" I called out. No answer. I heard crying in the distance. Cassadee. Oh god,  I ran to the sound of the crying, trying to findd.. Oh! Baby! Mike! "Mikey!"I screamed in terror, dropping to my knees to reach him. He was bleeding, Cassadee was crawling on the ground. I picked her up and took Mikes' shirt off to wrap it around his wounds. He was unconious. Where was Xavier!? Oh god. I felt the panic and terror run through my bones. "Urrg. Huh?" I heard Mike groan I turned around and fell into his chest, Cass still in my arm. I felt his long limb wrap around my body. "Babe? Nikki what happened?" He whispered. "I don't know, I found you two like this, I can't find Xavier!" I sobbed. Mike sat up and gribbed his rib. "Oh man, Nikki I remember what happened..." I looked up to my husband, who was shivering now. I opened my mouth to say something when I heard his scream. "Momma!" Xavier yelled from the other room. I gave Cass to Mike and ran. I ran to the sound of my babies voice. I found the room he was in but it was locked. I banged on the door, clawed it, yelling desperately. "Baby! I'm coming pummpkin, mommy's here." I yelled falling to the ground. 

"Babe! Wake up!" I felt myself jolt awake , falling off the bed and pulling the sheets with me. I hear Mike groan. As my eyes adjust i feel the tears falling off my face. I'm out of breath. 

"Nikki? Why are you on the floor babe?" Mike picked me off the floor and curled me onto his lap. I sobbed into his chest. 

I leaned back and examined his bare chest. I felt the spot where he'd been stabbed. Nothing. I traced where there should be a gash. It was so real. 

"Baby, did you have another dream?" He asked cautiously. I looked deep into his eyes.

"I don't know Mike. It was so real. You were stapped, Cassadee was bloody and Xavier was locked in a room." I said, tears falling from my face. Mike wrapped his arms around me tight.

"Shhh, It's okay. It didn't happen. It's not real. Come on. Let's make some pancakes." He chuckled. I tried to smile as he slipped out of bed, he looked at me awaitingly in his boxers. I looked down, only in a bra and shorts.. What if Xavier wakes up?

Mike read my mind, he grabbed my batman pants and let me slip them on. I looked up to him and held my arms up in motion for him to carry me. He smiled and picked me up bridal style.

I looked at the time. It was almost 6 anyways. I giggled at Mike trying to be quiet. 

"Babe, you're a drummer. That just doesn't happen." I laughed, sitting on the counter , he turned around pointing the spatula at me, making an angry face. "You hush." He cracked a smile as I blew him a kiss. 

I saw car lights in the reflection of the window. I turned around and saw someone parked in our driveway. I looked at Mike who just shrugged. The doorbell rang and I hopped off the counter. I looked through the peephole to see a familiar face. 

I opened the door slightly, remembering I don't have a shrit on, and stuck my head out. "Ashton! What are you doing here?" I said quietly. Ashton was Shane's older brother. I always had a big crush on him in highschool, even while dating his little brother. 

He had tears in his eyes, I felt Mikes presence behind me. "Nikki, I have some bad news." He said sadly. I grabbed a blanket from Mike's hands and wrapped it around my body. I opended the door quicly and let Ashton in. 

We sat on the couch and he took my hand in his. Mike scooted closer to me.

"Shane. He was going to commit suicide last night. He was standing on the ledge of the apartment when me and Alice came home last night.  I convinced him to come off the ledge, but he fell anyways. He's gone Nikki." He said, with tears falling down his eyes. I covered my mouth and leaned into Mike. 

"I'm really sorry for your loss and all, but why did you personally come at 5:45 in the morning to tell us?" Mike said, protectively. I almost laughed. 

"Because the last thing he said was  Nikki. And he left this." Ashton pulled out a note, a lighter, a deflated balloon, a razor blade, and a rose. I looked at Ashton with wonder. "I haven't touched anything. That's what he left me, and he left Alice and I notes too, mine had intructions to give this to you without reading it." He said putting all the things on the small coffee table. 

Mike stood up angril throwing a pillow across the room. "That motherfucker even had to have my wifes name in his mouth the momoment before he died? Aree you kiddding me ! Open the note Nikki. What did he say?" He yelled.

Ashton stood up. "I think i've done enough, it was good to see you Nikki, you look good, happy, i'm glad you and Mike ended up together. I'll see you around." He said, scurring off to the front door and leaving. 

I looked up at Mike who was standing still, breathing heavy. "Open it." He said. 

I removed all the stupid things and opened the note. I read it aloud to Mike. 

"I'm sitting here, writing this to you on my last minutes on the world. I told you there wasn't a place for me anymore and I really beleive it now. I do love you still as much as the day I met you. I think about highschool alot. You told me not to, but i do. I also think about the time in Italy when I followed you and Mike there. that's what all the ltitle trinkits are. Memories of my favorite time. Kidnapping you was one of the best things I ever did with myself. Watching you squirm with fear. Feeling your soft skin, with the knife traveling down your leg. That was the best feeling for me. And that's when I realzied you need to light that rose on fire. I know it's your favorite flower, but still. Burn it and forget about me. I'm a sick person. I love you. But you love Mike. You have kids with him. Love him like he loves you. Be happy and live long. I love you. Bye. -Shane." I read. 

I looked up to see Mike pacing. "I swear to god if he was still alive i'd kill him." He said angrily. I grabbed all the things that I was left and walked into the kitchen, pancakes were laid on the counter.  I smiled and put a cover over them. I turned off the stove and put the things in the sink. I threw everything from Shane in the garbage and turned off the light. 

Mike was still pacing the room. A pillow was torn in half. The feathers were all over the floor. I stepped in Mike's path and he turned and almost ran into me. 

I grabbed his face in my hands and pulled him down to my level and kisssed him. I grabbed his hand and walked upstairs. I laid him down on the bed and took my pants off, curling up next to him. I felt his bretahing slow down some. 

"I love you Mikey." I whispered. 

________________________________________

WOw! Long awaited ! This chapters kinda lame sorry. 

I apologize immensly for not updating ): I've just been super busy guys ): 

I hope you like this chapter and feedback always makes it easier to write (: 

Btw, i went to a Sleeping with Sirens show the other night, and it was amazing, but the opening act Dangerkids, they were so cool and the lead singer Tyler was the nicest guy ever, so check out the link i posted on the side (: Show them some support! 

-Nikki(: