14. Arc 1 Epilogue: One Year Later...

A clash between a sword and a pair of shields blared throughout the clean cut grass and trimmed bushes of the royal garden, which is part of the larger structure that is called the Royal Palace of Lugunica. A battle, or a spar to be more accurate, is currently being held by two people, with three more acting as an audience. It was a spar between a quarter-blooded boy who had called himself the Gorgeous Tiger, Garfiel Tinsel. And the old swordsman who passed his prime long ago, who many know as Wilhelm van Astrea.

It was a spar of strength versus experience. Garfiel had increased his speed well enough to the point where even a blur can barely be noticed by the untrained eye. While the old man had been keeping up against him with great vigilance and in a graceful fashion that of a veteran swordsman, however, his age had overtaken some of his old strength he had once possessed, making him vulnerable to an unexpected attack that he is cautiously keeping his eye on.

But nonetheless, it was overall an equal match. The quarter-blooded boy had grown far stronger since his fight against The Bowel Hunter Elsa Granhiert in the old Mathers Mansion, far more experienced since his fight against the infamous eight armed giant simply known as Kurgan in Priestella, and wiser since the series of restless battles he had fought alongside his captain and others within Vollachia. Wilhelm himself can see how far the boy has come, and is internally happy and proud of his growth over the past year. But right now, he must focus on defending against the boy's increasing rate of attacks, putting the satisfaction of seeing his opponent's growing set of achievements and milestones aside.

As they fought, the three people at the sidelines, or rather at a nearby gazebo, watched as an audience. It consists of Ram, the now maid of the royal palace, who is currently drinking tea and ignoring the fight altogether except for a few brief glances. Otto, a now retired minister of internal affairs turned into one of the advisors for the current queen that is Felt Lugunica. And Meili, retired assassin turned adoptive daughter of Natsuki Subaru, who is currently playing with her pet scorpion Shaula on her shoulders.

"Is it just me or is Garfiel-san even faster than ever before now?" Asked Otto, turning his attention from the fight to Ram, who didn't even bother looking him in the eyes.

The quiet atmosphere of the gazebo broke down just like that, as Ram does her signature huff before replying to him.

"It is just you. Garf is the same as ever before, just more motivated now that he had been told for the dozenth time that he had made great strides on becoming a royal knight. Are you perhaps that blind or are you too ignorant at observing a fellow member of the now two dunces?" She commented, still hinting at her sadness as she mentioned the changed joke title she gave to the three boys of the now disbanded Emilia Camp.

"I think your insults are weakening against me now with how you executed it, Ram-san," Otto replied.

"Hah, ridiculous as ever, don't make me laugh even more over your pathetic excuse of a life," She replied, her mood lightening up immediately after she made her reply towards him.

Subaru, who Ram had seen as an annoying little brother and a no good knight of his liege had disappeared from their lives for around a year now. The royal selection had ended just a few months ago, with the winner being the combined forces of the Felt and Emilia camp. It was formed just after the death of Roswaal L Mathers, who had sacrificed himself in stopping the assault conducted by Capella Emerada Lugunica, the last of the sin archbishops of the witch cult, during the Astrea Domain Crisis just about a year ago.

By then, Felt has been revealed to be the last heir to the original lugunican royal bloodline with the unlocking of her Lion King's blessing. And with that, it paved the way to her victory, now with the added bonus of Emilia Camp's subsequent streak of achievements they had gathered for around two years of their existence before being absorbed. Thanks to her rule and her taking in the former candidates to her cabinet, the kingdom had experienced an emerging golden age just in these past few months.