Chapter 6

Lying over the table in Derek's Lab Sienna was sound asleep, Derek was asleep over the next table. They had both been working non-stop for the past three days to find how to take out Chloe's tumour with clean margins without damaging the optic nerve and making Chloe blind. They both had to do other emergency cases that came into the ER on top of Chloe's tumour.

Today was supposed to be Sienna's day off but she wanted to stay to find a way to remove the tumour do the surgery and take the next day off.

Mark and Callie both quietly walked into the lab to find both Neurosurgeons fast asleep. They had brought them coffee to wake them up a little

"what do we do? Do we wake them?" Mark whispered to Callie

"I think we will have to. Ok you wake Si and I'll wake Derek a cause there is a chance if you wake Derek, he will punch you."

"ok, so you are leaving me to wake to leopard" Mark quizzed Callie as they both laughed thinking about all the stories Jordan had told them the past few days about Sienna.

"Hey Sienna wake up; I've brought you coffee," Mark said while brushing her hair away from her eyes. The redhead stirred a little "hey sleepy head come on wake up you might have a big surgery today." Sienna fluttered eyes opened

"morning Mark, I hope you brought me coffee cause if you didn't you woke me for no reason." Sienna said half asleep still lying over the table.

Mark chuckled "of course I brought you coffee I didn't want you to claw my eyes out."

Callie just got Derek awake too. As Sienna sat her up back hurt from her lying over the table all night.

"you two both know that there is on-call rooms with beds you could have slept on last night" Callie told them both

"we didn't know which on-call room Mark would be in with one of the nurses" Derek said while drinking his coffee.

Sienna choked on her coffee laughing Mark looked at Sienna with a bewildered look as he watched her laughing uncontrollably

"I went to your hotel room and picked out a change of clothes for you Si I left them in your locker"

"thanks Callie" Sienna said while still laughing "ok I'll be back in 40 minutes Derek I'm going to go get a shower and freshen up" Sienna was still laughing walking down the corridor.

"was that really necessary Derek you knew I went back to the hotel last night." Mark angrily stated as he walked out of the lab, leaving Derek and Callie to burst out laughing.

___

Waiting for the elevator to take her back up to the lab "Dr Connors I thought today is your day off" Bailey asked Sienna while walking up to her also waiting on the elevator

"It is but for me a Derek are trying to find a way to remove Chloe Moreno's tumour so I'm staying hoping that we will end up in the OR today removing it"

"Well I don't know many doctors that would spend their day off in the hospital they work at all week in, I can't wait for my day off on Saturday to spend it with little Tuck and take him to the park."

As they entered the elevators Sienna let out a sigh as she saw Dr Karev standing behind her

"Well Bailey I've no one to spend my days off with and my work today will benefit my patient that's the way I look at it. I'll look forward to my days off when I have kids to spend the time with." She said while pressing button 4.

___

Back in the lab with Derek "ok I was thinking what if we open her here then turn her head about 30° and start at the optic nerve and once, we are done in that area check to see if her eyes are responsive and then turn her gently back at tackle the rest of the tumour then." Sienna said while demonstrating the model.