Chapter 31

One week later
3 weeks post op

As she got out the car at the hospital in her navy pin stripe dress she had a sense of contentment. She couldn't wait to get back to work, all the sitting around was driving her crazy.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Mark asked as he walked around the car.

"For the millionth time yes. I'm more than ready." Sienna said as she put her work bag over her shoulder while closing the car door.

She sighed out she was so glad to be back to work.

_______

That feeling of wearing scrubs again was like finally coming home after being away for a long time.  As she put her white coat her hand grazed over the left pocket. She instantly knew what it was. As she took it out of her pocket she bite the inside of her cheek.

She took a second looking at it before she threw it into her bag.  She grabbed her coffee and headed out for rounds.

As she turned the corner the chief called "Connors" she stopped in her tracks and turned around

"Welcome back."

"Thank you Sir. It's great to be back."

"Just one little thing..." he stammered "Would you mind if you don't do any surgeries today just to break you in and the paperwork for the department is a mess and you're the only who can restore order back into it."

"No problem I'll have it sorted in no time." She smiled slightly

"Great." The chief said as he hurried off as he looked and his watch.

"Great paperwork just what I wanted" she said to herself

_______

"What are you doing?" Mark asked as he looked down at Sienna

Sienna scoffed " cleaning up after Nelson and Derek. Nelson hasn't done any paperwork that he was supposed to do and the monthly budget for June hasn't been done so I'm on damage control, basically."

"Where the pile with the ones that are done?"

Sienna placed a file down on the chair beside her. "That's it. I should be in Derek's office but he locked it before he went on a trip to visit Goldie locks and the three bears in the woods."

" He asked me about him again." Mark sighed

"I don't know what else we can do I've called him non stop I'm convinced he has fired the phone into a tree at this rate." She said as she kept writing.

"It's just the chief expects me to know what's going on I don't." Mark explained. " and I'm damned if I'm going out to the woods to talk to him."

"Good you've done nothing wrong let him be the one to speak first. Look you can lead a horse to water but you can't force to drink. After he is done with his tantrum he will come out of the woods."

"You leave surgery for three weeks and you have become a secretary." Justin laughed as he walked up "what are you doing shouldn't you be cutting someone's brain open?"

"She doing damage control."

"She looks like she's about to explode." Justin said as he opened one of the files

Sienna glared up at him. "Put. That. Down!"

His pager started to buzz " you better get that. Go bother someone else now. I'll be in the gallery around half eleven." She called after him