Chapter 34

Sienna stood in her bathroom putting on her makeup after having a very quick shower. Today was Derek and Meredith's wedding. She was having mixed emotions today not only was she 6 weeks post op but it was 6 weeks since the miscarriage. She hoped the rest of the day would go past quickly so it would be the wedding and it would be a distraction .

She hummed along to her portable radio as she applied her mascara. She spied Mark who had appeared at the door leaning against the frame.

"stop staring!" she sang

She sorted her makeup back into the drawer again. Subconsciously she started singing along "Stop oh yes wait a minute Mr Postman." then back to humming she glanced at Mark who still hadn't moved.

"I'm leaving in five you better be ready."

"Hmm" he hummed back

She turned the radio off "That's it shows over." she brushed past him in her search for a pair of shoes to go with her denim dress.

She quickly pushed her feet into a pair of brown sandals. As she looked at Mark who was still standing in the doorway. " God I hope Derek has a busy schedule today." she sighed.

"Why?" Mark asked as he followed Sienna into the living room.

"It's just I don't want to give those puppy eyes of yours a chance to work before tonight. Two minutes after that cake is cut I'm out of there and we will take advantage of that hotel room that Derek is paying for. Even the minibar."

"Well about the hotel room, Derek said that Izzie booked so many rooms that there will be no one at Meredith's so they will be going home so he is giving us the Honeymoon suite."

Sienna choked on her coffee "Say what?" Sienna said all flushed in the cheeks

______

"We need to talk," Sienna said as she sat beside Callie looking like she had seen a ghost.

"What the hell happened to you? Did someone die? Please tell me the wicked witch ain't coming?"

"Derek is giving.. oh my.."

"What is he giving?"

" He is giving Mark and me the honeymoon suit tonight," Sienna said nervously

Callie burst out laughing "Is that it?"

"Callie the honeymoon suite is for the bride and groom that just got married not the best man and bridesmaid. I feel faint."

Callie just continued to laugh "You need to calm down you would think you were the one getting married."

"You're no help today and I'm definitely not going to Lexie she is in wedding land."

"I can't wait to see you on your wedding day I'm putting a bet on that you're going to be the one to freak out that morning."

Sienna gave Callie a look that said stop talking. "I need to go distract myself," Sienna said as she got up and walked away from the nurse's desk in the pit.

______

"Please let me assist you in that craniotomy at 10," Sienna said as she bumped into Derek in the elevator.

"Of course. What happened to you?"

"I think I've pre-not wedding night jitters. Thanks to you."

"Why me?"

"Honeymoon suite. That's all I'm going to say. I just need a distraction until 5 pm."

"Well you can come with me now Stevens just paged me and then we'll go get ready. "