Chapter Four

The sound of the door opening could be heard, Mondo awkwardly stood in the doorway at first at the sight of the two boys, but decided on ignoring them and simply walking passed.
"Come on, little dudes." The biker then smiled and picked up the hamsters to ride on his shoulder as he went over to fix himself a cup of coffee at a small machine the place had. Mondo wasn't one to drink it but if it got him to wake up and not hear Gundham's complaining about how he wasn't consuming anything, he'd take it. As soon as Kiyotaka noticed Mondo's presence, he did his best to gently let go of Kazuichi, straightening out his jacket. "Owada." was all the greeting he had the energy for. He couldn't describe how horribly he was thinking of him right now, and if it continued, he feared it may end up with someone bleeding. As such, the two boys made a conscious effort to stay on the opposite side of kitchen, Ishimaru using his building rage to cut up an apple.
"Oh, that's Owada-." Soda muttered to himself. He did have a general idea of who the man was, but he wasn't as familiar with him as he was with some of the other students.
"Be quiet." Kiyotaka snapped in response, keeping his eyes on the fruit. The pink haired boy stared at him a moment as if it were a silent apology, before leaning on him and watching him work.
Damn idiot...he doesn't know what he's getting himself into.
Mondo already felt bad for the upperclassman seemingly wrapped around Kiyotaka's finger.
"Yep, that's me." The biker spoke up, glancing back at the two. "You're that one mechanic dude here, yea? You totally gotta mess with my ride! It'd be sick to get some adjustments." Mondo smiled before taking hold of the mug that just now was filled with coffee.
Kazuichi perked up at that. "You have a vehicle?" He looked directly at the taller male, stars in his eyes. "That's so cool! I'd love to have a look at it one day. Are you the type of guy who's looking for speed - I bet I could help you get double the speed limit." He found immense comfort talking about machines, now seeming almost oblivious to Kiyotaka who was glancing up at him every now and again. That was one thing he'd neglected to think about - the two of them were definitely the kinds of people to get along with each other.

Which would've been fine...a week ago.

"Yes, Mr. Owada is after all the ultimate biker gang leader, so he does often perform many reckless behaviours." Ishimaru interjected, obvious malice dripping from his words.
"...that's so sick! You have a motorcycle?! Oh I've got to see her one of these days."
He groaned, "However I doubt he needs modifications that you specialise in. We can't have him getting hurt on the road, can we? The law is one thing, your life is another." He finally put the apple pieces in a bowl, just wanting to leave the room already. He grabbed Soda's arm, "Your hope of seeing the device however will only disappoint you again, Kazuichi. We talked about this, while we're here, it's best for you to think small given the lack of proper materials. You'll get to many creative ideas and just fall to a depression because you can barely tinker in the first place." The pink haired boy's expression fell as he listened.
"Oh- yeah right...I just get so caught up with it, you know? I could tear apart the toaster later and rebuild it. That doesn't count as school property right?" Mondo rolled his eyes at Kiyotaka's pushy behaviour and yet held a smile.
What an ass.
"The act of brewing coffee shouldn't take this long." Another voice called out which just so happened to be Gundham who was walking in to check on Mondo. He took a moment to look at Kiyotaka and Kazuichi, but in the end his attention fell more towards the mechanic. "Good morning." The breeder almost smiled.
Kazuichi stared at him a moment. "Morning Gundham-!" He gave a small wave, having trouble containing a smile. His overly cheery response caused Kiyotaka's grip to tighten. "Ow! Taka!" He pull his arm away, staring at him almost offended.
"I-...apologise." Clearing his throat, he took one of the many finely sliced apple pieces and ate it, directing his hateful stare at Tanaka.
What? Is he going to take him away from me too? I swear, he does that, and I'm killing them all, screw the sanctity of the trials! They're all dying!
"How are you this morning, mortal?" Tanaka replied back. He looked at Ishimaru immediately after and waited until his attention was on him before he made his way over to Mondo, brushing against him as he whispered something into his ear. Couldn't tell exactly what it was but Mondo's reaction with an embarrassed flush told many stories.
"Oh, it's been alright. How are you-?" He gave a short laugh, just following him with his eyes. Yeah, he probably shouldn't be communicating with the person Kiyotaka openly despised with his whole being, but it was hard not to when Tanaka was being so nice to him.
On the other hand, the moral compass was not doing too well. He too was watching Gundham, albeit, far more intently. He instantly averted his gaze when he saw Mondo's face grow red. What on earth could he have said? How close were they that Mondo didn't just punch him for saying something to cause that reaction? He didn't want to leave Kazuichi alone with those two, but he also didn't want to drag him away from them. So, instead, he let his thoughts race on what the two taller men could possibly be up to while he continued to consume the apple.
It's nothing, I'm not mad, they're not a thing, just stop thinking about it-
"I'm doing quite alright," the breeder looked back at Kazuichi, smiling with his words. Mondo was just standing there looking as if he was going through a midlife crisis.
Should I really do that? I mean...
The biker glanced at Kiyotaka and couldn't help but sigh.
I still care for him as much as I shouldn't.
Gundham had suggested an idea to Mondo that could possibly get Ishimaru himself to break enough to say something, but he found it to be a bit embarrassing with someone he just got close to. Meanwhile, Tanaka was over at the stove. He had been boiling a kettle of water for him and Mondo so they could enjoy tea together. True that part of this was mainly for a petty plan, but it also sounded nice.
"Mon amour?" The breeder called out. "Mind bringing me the selection we have on tea bags? The Overlord of Ice demands it!" Gundham laughed.
Fuck my life.
Mondo nodded and walked away from the other two, going over to the pantry to pick up a box of different kinds of tea bags and bring it over to him. He walked up behind him and peered over his shoulder to see what he was doing, a hand resting on the other's hip in the process.
"Is this really necessary?" Mondo grumbled through a small whisper.
Meanwhile, Kiyotaka was becoming tenser by the second. He'd taken enough foreign language classes to know what things meant, and he really didn't like what was happening.
Even if these disgusting worms are just lying...it's inappropriate and unacceptable! Not only that, but it seems just a little wrong how fast things would've escalated!
"Kazuichi." He muttered, placing the half eaten bowl onto the counter. Kiyotaka turned to face him, "Kazuichi!" He raised his voice slightly, cause the boy to jump and turn towards him.
"Y-Yeah, what's up?" He spoke through a reddened face. Ishimaru was visibly confused for a moment before he look over at the two others in the room, instantly pulling Soda close into his face in response. "We're leaving."
"What? Why!? He's finally being nice to me-!" He kept his voice low, speaking through gritted teeth.
"I don't see how this is up for discussion." Truth be told, a part of him knew Gundham was fucking with him, and what made him more upset was that it was working. Mondo glanced back to see if this stupid plan had worked. Immediately moving away from Gundham when he saw what the other two were doing, he sighed with relief. Part of him was growing agitated at the sight of their closeness. Now he knew how Kiyotaka must've felt.
I shouldn't care. He's the reason I'm stuck in this hellhole!
Tanka poured the hot water into two mugs before picking out tea bags to place in them. "Everything alright?" He asked once he looked back at the two farthest from him.
Kiyotaka retracted himself, "Fine. Not as if you care for the answer." He glared at him, straightening himself out once more. Kazuichi was going to speak up but instead just gave the breeder an awkward smile as if it were a kind of apology for the behaviour. The mechanic was soon eating the rest of the apple that Kiyotaka had neglected, the action receiving a scoff in response. "We are leaving then correct?" Ishimaru's voice was growing noticeably louder, holding in his screams.
"I still don't ge- ohhhh cause the-." He swore he could slap Soda. He would, if those two weren't standing right there. Instead, he clenched his hand into a fist, hitting his own leg.
"Now." He leaned in close to the boy before turning towards the door.
"If he doesn't want to leave, then he has every right to stay." Gundham eventually snapped, growing tired of Kiyotaka's behaviour. He picked up the mugs and handed one to Mondo before making his way over to the moral compass himself. "Shouldn't he be allowed to eat? It is morning after all, and I don't recall you being his mother." The breeder kept growing close until he managed to get Kiyotaka to back away towards the door.
The shit?
Mondo didn't know what to think at the current moment. He let out a scoff at one point and headed for the door. "I'm not staying here for this bullshit. If ya' need me, I'll be at the pool." He growled, shoving pass the two fighting individuals as he made his escape.
"There's no rule saying you need to stay in this area for the activity, and if you haven't noticed, Kazuichi is eating. Your concerns are hollow." He snapped back, barely taking notice of Mondo leaving. "Do as you please, but you are not taking him away from me." Kiyotaka pushed passed Gundham, forcing his way towards the door.