Chapter Six

Mondo sat curled up against the wall of the bathroom stall, covering his face as he listened to Gundham's outburst. He'd grown a close connection with him in the time they'd spent together, but the sudden allowance of being around Kiyotaka just blinded it all.
I have two choices.
The bathroom went quiet after his echoing voice in the hallway died and left the two remaining in the room together. While he was experiencing a mix of emotions, mainly he was pissed with himself for causing this mess. It really wasn't even his fault, though...it could really be Kiyotaka's, but he refused to admit such a thing. He still didn't even know if he believed the whole mastermind thing. Maybe he didn't or maybe he did and just ignored it. The biker sighed and ran his hand through his hair, clenching it in pure desperation of relief.

Well that cements it. He and I are going to have another chat later...
Kiyotaka had managed to bring himself down from his high enough to function by now. His body was still tired and sore, but he knew he could work around that if he needed to. He forced himself up onto his knees, placing a hand on Mondo in an attempt at comfort. "...are you going to be alright?" He asked, hoping to start up that kind of conversation. Plus, his response would tell him if he was going to be avoided again.
"Am I gonna be alright?" He scoffed under his breath. "Did you not just hear what happened, dumbass? Of course I'm not alright!" The biker's head shot up and he immediately stared daggers at the other. "I'm such a fucking idiot! Why did I think this was a good idea?!" Mondo ranted as he got up and wrapped the towel back around his waist.
"You're not an idiot. You're just an emotional person and that's okay." Kiyotaka stood with him, placing one hand on Mondo's shoulder and the other on his cheek. "You can't be faulted for taking something you wanted. It's not up to others to decide what your relations are." He sighed, only making momentary eye contact, "Tanaka...is not a forgiving person. However, I understand if you wish to go back to him. Though...there is the chance he'll no longer accept you." The last part he muttered. He wasn't the best at keep extra comments like that to himself, but Owada likely already knew that. The biker would've snapped at him again if it wasn't for the contact. It made him all soft, and instead his potential anger was simply sorrow.
Why do I do these things to myself.
"I...I don't expect him to. It doesn't matter anyways. Everything I love just...dies in my hands." He sighed. Pulling away from Kiyotaka's grasp and unlocking the stall door, he walked out. He wasn't exactly sure where he wanted to go, but he just felt like he needed so space. 
Watching the other leave, a small feeling of pity washed over him. This man was in a lot of pain, but in the end, that's what Ishimaru wanted, right? That's how he gets him to be with him again. He knew that Mondo was strong, that he could get passed this, but he also wanted to be by his side and help him.

This would be the first time Kiyotaka acknowledged that feeling.

||                   ||

"Gundham, wait!" With a slight jog, Kazuichi caught up with him outside the other's dorm. While he was shaking, he tried to be as calm and confident as possible. "What was that about? Why do you two hate each other so much?" He'd honestly grown tired of being out of the loop in the relationship the two had, and as long as he considered himself a friend to both of them, he couldn't just let it keep happening.
"You can't tell?" Gundham hissed under his breath as he turned to face him. "Ishimaru is the one causing such bloodshed and violence, and I've been trying to keep Mondo from him. It worked too well in some areas..." the breeder replied, his expression seemed more dead than anything.
I shouldn't of left him behind but...how can a man be that idiotic?
"Avoid him if you know what's best for you." Tanaka broke the silence once more, turning away to unlock his dorm room door. Kazuichi stared at him, still quite confused. At least he knew for sure the other wouldn't yell at him. He didn't understand what the other meant by any of that. Did he think Kiyotaka was a dangerous person? But why?
"So...you tried to become friends with Mondo to keep him away from Taka?" He asked, trying to make some sense of what he'd said. "...was...that the only reason you wanted to hang out with me-?" He hated how sensitive he could be as always, but he needed to know that. He needed some closure on their relationship. He couldn't have things be hallow, especially with his knowledge. Not again.
"I don't intend on making friends again..." There was obvious pain behind his words. The last time he tried to have such a bond with someone, they'd been taken away from him because of the game. He didn't want to admit he'd grown fondness for Mondo or Kazuichi, because he knew that'd be taken from him too, and it'd hurt so much more. The breeder glanced back at Soda, not exactly sure what to tell this man. He has a chance at holding someone in his arms again, having a connection again, but he was just so scared. "Join those two lost ones, would you? It will inevitably happen, anyways." He sighed and walking into his dorm room. He didn't exactly close the door, he'd just walked in and pushed it with little effort.
"So- what you're just going to give up?" While he may have come off a little annoyed at that, his voice was soft, as if trying to comfort Tanaka. "People are going to leave whether you like it or not. I didn't want to accept that, and I probably still haven't. But- I don't want to be in between you two. I don't want to leave one of you for the other because I don't want to feel like I have to choose." He didn't enter the room, instead just spilling his thoughts through the adjacent door. "You...seem happier when you're with someone...shouldn't you deserve to feel that way again? Look- I don't like to admit it but...I'm honestly jealous of you. I admire you. You're so proud and confident and...that's what I want. But...I can also see...that you're emotional. And while I'm probably not the best at helping with that...I at least understand it." He didn't get a reply, but he did eventually come out with clothes and a few other things in his hands. It was obvious they weren't his as he walked away and just dropped them in front of Mondo's dorm before walking back over.
"I don't need friends or love." The breeder eventually said. "So if you don't want to choose, then why are you talking to me?" Kazuichi stared at him for a moment, begging himself not to cry. His body went stiff as his as he let out hard breaths.
"I don't know why I bothered, you've always been a prick. Have fun with your loner bullshit you fucking moron. Maybe you'll die and learn to be a decent human being." He pushed passed Gundham, sniffling as he wiped away the tears and headed towards his own dorm. The sound of it slamming shut could be heard down the hall, the mechanic leaning against it as he tried to calm himself.

I shouldn't care. He doesn't so why should I give him that opportunity?