!!SLIGHT REWRITE!! Chapter Eighteen

"Weird?" Gundham echoed with a huff at the end. "I am not what you call 'weird.' I am a user of the dark arts that can mindlessly curse you!" He laughed, crossing his arms and turning away with a sense of triumph in his actions. He didn't think he was weird. Yes he recalls all of the comments and remarks others give him for his more...creative word choice, but he found it far from odd. Plus, the statement gave him a reason to avoid the more important question at hand.
"No!" Kazuichi sat up straight, turning his body towards him. "That's not what I meant! I mean-...that I'm not used to people doing those things for me so it feels kinda weird." He did his best to explain his thinking, really hoping he hadn't accidentally offended Gundham. He did always seem to have a poor choice of words so he wouldn't be surprised if he did. "But- you know...there's so much shit I don't understand about you...or me...so it's all weird and gross and-." Soda began scratching his arm rather fast, staring down at the bed as he tried to articulate his thoughts. "-I don't know how much of it is normal because to me it's all strange."
The breeder was rather puzzled at what Kazuichi was now trying to get at. He understood a little, but not exactly. His attention from his thoughts soon turned away however as he noticed the excessive scratching the mechanic was doing to himself. "Cease that!" Gundham exclaimed, slapping at Kazuichi's hand in order to get him to stop. He seemed to immediately freeze after he'd registered the action, a small pool of distress arising. "...Apologies...I didn't mean..." He turned away in embarrassment. He felt awful he just had to stop him like that.
Slapping? Really? After all Kiyotaka has done to him, you think that's a good idea?
In a fit of panic, he started fumbling and messing with the binds around his hands and up his arms. Soda stared at the other for a moment, sinking further into his confusion.
"I know...i-it's okay, didn't really hurt." Kazuichi half laughed, simply crossing his arms to avoid more fidgeting. That was one of the things he actually knew he needed to stop, so he couldn't blame Tanaka for making him. "You don't need to feel bad, I get it." Well, he'd gotten what he asked for, right? Soda had asked to be hit so he couldn't be angry at all. It only barely stung, but it was no where near as bad as anything else he'd received. Though, staring at Gundham, the breeder seemed to be incredibly distressed over it. He really wasn't sure why. "Hey- uhm, really...I know you didn't mean it like that..." he began after a while, moving to place a hand on his shoulder. "I'm fine. Really." Kazuichi gave a reassuring smile, trying to ease his panic. Gundham silently raised his head to look at the mechanic. He was still quite embarrassed and feeling guilty, but he was just glad that he wasn't upset. He gently took Kazuichi's hand into his own and quietly stared down at it, fiddling with his fingers and palm within his own. It was odd but it was his way of showing some kind of appreciation.
"Alright." The breeder eventually ushered out, giving Kazuichi's hand a small squeeze.  A light blush spread over the mechanic's face, slightly laughing at the contact. The movements Tanaka was making were oddly adorable and surprisingly gentle given his outward nature. He stared at him for a moment, squeezing his hand in return before placing a quick kiss on the breeder's cheek before looking away.
"Yeah-...it's uh...cool that you worry though...even if you don't have to."
Gundham's face immediately burned bright red at the sudden gesture, a feeling of nervous embarrassment he almost never felt growing. He suddenly curled up onto his side and turned away so that his back was facing Kazuichi, slightly pulling up his scarf as if it could shield himself and his emotions from the other. One of the Devas crawled out during the commotion and looked at its owner, confused on what was going on. He stared at the hamster for a moment, an idea forming in his mind.
"Mission time, great one." Gundham whispered, taking the small creature into his hands and placing a small kiss against its head.
Meanwhile, Kazuichi was honestly a little scared him done something wrong given the reaction. He stared at him for a long moment, almost about to apologise before he felt movement up his body. He tensed up, his eye's landing on and following the hamster that was now crawling up his arm with a large amount of concern as to what it might do. The hamster stopped at his shoulder, leaning in and touching its' nose to the mechanic's cheek. The action was a little strange, but as he slowly began to understand, Soda just let himself laugh. Laugh in a way he hadn't in a while, with a large smile over his face as his blush persisted.
Gundham had used the skills of his hamster to return Kazuichi's kiss.