Chapter Fourteen

Sitting up, he gently placed the handbook beside Mondo's head as he took his face in his hands, leaning their foreheads together. "Know that for this, I am truly sorry. I never wanted it to come to this, but you gave me no choice. I need to succeed. I can't afford to fail now, and I need you compliant for this all to work." Kiyotaka's tone was soft as he stared into the other's eyes, taking a moment to admire him like this, before carefully placing a kiss on the biker's lips. "...I hope we can do that again some day." Ishimaru ran a comforting hand through the other's hair, forcing the device's glaring light in front of his eyes, Mondo immediately squinting at the sight. "Just stare for me darling. Take it all in. I promise it'll be okay. I mean...our developer and test subject did die in an accident after being exposed to this, but I won't let that happen. Not to you." His smile was soft, almost motherly, as he continued to stroke his hair, trying to make the experience as pleasant as possible. Of course this technology not only hurt your eyes that close up, but caused phycological, sometimes emotional damage, but there was still a part of him that wanted this to be as painless as it could be. "You'll be alright. I won't let you be tainted again." It only took a moment before cries of pain rang out through the room, the biker's body flinching at the pain. His head was pounding like his skull was going to shatter into pieces as the video violently attacked his psyche. Soon those small cries turned into screams as his body jolted more and more, begging for this to end.
"S-Stop! God please stop!" Mondo cried, his desperation being practically ignored as Kiyotaka held his ground the the best of his ability, his motions continuing as he absentmindedly shushed him. When the biker finally did grow still, he stared for a moment, slipping his student handbook back into his pocket as a shaky sigh escaped him. Why was holding a man at gunpoint easier than this? Even so, Ishimaru allowed himself to lay back down on Mondo's chest, listening to his breathing as his thoughts slowly consumed him. How was he supposed to explain what happened if someone found him just unconscious in the classroom? Well, it wouldn't be too unreasonable to say he'd passed out from a lack of sustenance - Kiyotaka himself couldn't remember the last time he saw the man actually eating food so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.
"You'll never forgive me, will you? It's alright. A shame, really, but...I understand."

The clock hanging on the nearby wall ticked the minutes away, soon turning into a few hours. Mondo barely stirred during that time of unconsciousness. Just a few minutes after three in the afternoon, the man's eyes suddenly wandered open yet squinted at the blinding lights from above. The room felt oddly foreign and even himself was new to him.
"Who the fuck are you?" Mondo grumbled once his eyes managed to land on Kiyotaka as he rose into a sitting position. His head was pounding like crazy and his entire body ached.
Why does everything hurt? And where am I?

Kiyotaka sat up with him, staring for a while.
Good job Ishimaru, you did the one thing you were trying not to do...well I suppose this can still work in our favour.
Clearing his throat, he straightened himself out, holding his hand out towards the biker. "Kiyotaka Ishimaru. I am surprised you don't remember me, however, I do hope you're okay." He gave Mondo a smile, trying his best to play off of what's worked in his favour previously. What would this be, the third time he's had to introduce himself? Really, it was getting old now. If Owada didn't have such particular morals, he would just drop all the outward kindness right of the bat, but he had no idea how much of Mondo was truly gone, and he couldn't risk making a bad impression.
"More or less..." the biker replied, taking the other's hand and as the two rose up onto their feet. Mondo took a minute to look around.
Is this a classroom? Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be attending some fancy ass school...I'm only doing this shit for Daiya.
"So who the fuck are you?" Mondo glanced over at Kiyotaka. "Some goody goody teacher's pet? Honestly, y'all are fucking annoying." Through the tangent of a talk, he walked around with his hands in his pockets, trying to figure out where the hell he was.
He sighed as he straightened out his jacket. "That's a little rude for someone you just met. I was trying to ensure your safety but it appears you don't need it." He leaned on one of the desks, crossing his arms with a small huff. "The world is a horrible place Owada. If we do not stand together then it will surely be your downfall." Was that the best approach? He sure hoped so. Well, either way he'd be building up their relationship again. He knew at this point the right ways to push the biker to like you, like it was all some preprogrammed game.
"Stand together? Don't make me laugh..." Mondo snickered and shook his head. "I don't need no damn protection from some teacher's pet. I got myself, Daiya, and the gang, alright? So I'd suggest you not threaten me, you sack of shit." The biker soon walked up to Kiyotaka and probed him against his chest.
Who does this guy think he is?
"So, are you just gonna be some yapping lap dog or tell me what the hell is going on?" Mondo growled, fixing his posture into the original thuggish thing he had going on. "I'm pretty sure a school is suppose to have people..." he muttered that mainly to himself. Kiyotaka paused a moment staring at him with a small smile forming. "Oh! Are you Daiya's brother?" He seemed to chime, his arms loosening as he spoke. "Incredible! He told me you were strong but this is amazing!" He looked Mondo up and down, falsified wonderment spread over his face. Ishimaru knew it was a little rude to use such a thing against the biker, though that thought of disrespected the dead was quickly pushed aside as he continued."Perhaps we could both work to leave this place. It'd be wonderful to see him again, and I know you'd love that too."
"You know him?" Mondo asked, tilting his head.
I would've heard about this guy then...well I did hit my head pretty hard.
"Well...fine, if he fucks around with you then I guess you're alright." The biker wandered away and approached one of the metal plates covering the windows. "You make it sound like we're prisoned or somethin'." Mondo laughed jokingly. Sucking air through his teeth, he slightly pushed himself off taking a few steps to be inline with the other.
"Well..." how should he explain it? It'd probably be a lot to bombard him with information. "...that's because we kind of are."Kiyotaka figured that'd be sufficient."It's a little difficult to explain everything, but I do suggest we stick together where possible. I can show you to your room if you'd like."
"Kind of? How the fuck can you 'kind of' be stuck in prison?!" Mondo exclaimed, turning to face Kiyotaka.
Calm down! Daiya would smack me right now if he saw me loosing my shit.
Taking a breath, he regained his composure and looked back at the other. "Hell, I better get a damn room if imma be stuck here..." he grumbled and headed for the door, immediately leaving once opened. "Who else is here besides us?" The biker asked as he walked down the hallways. Kiyotaka did his best to keep up with Mondo, thinking for a short moment.
"Well, the other students at the school. That is...everyone who's still alive. How many is that now?" His voice faded into a mumble as he tried to count everyone who wasn't a goner at this point. He eventually shook his head to avoid the numbers, making his way down the staircase. "It doesn't matter, my point is that there's a slowly decreasing number of ultimates here."He eventually grew quiet, simply making his way to the dormitory area and stopping right outside Mondo's door. "I can explain everything to you if you'd like, though I warn it can be a little of a...shocker? It's not pleasant I'll tell you that."
"The hell are you on about? Ultimates dying?" Something was definitely off if he just somehow woke up in a death school/prison with no memories. Managing to notice a key in his pocket, he unlocked his room door and stepped inside. "You better be telling the truth or you'll regret it." the biker glared, pulling Kiyotaka along inside the room.
"Of course I will..." he sighed, allowing himself to be pulled into the room. Once the biker let go, he pulled out his student handbook, opening the school regulations and handing it to Mondo. "We have been asked to stay within this school and well...commit homicide if we wish to leave." He cringed slightly at that, quickly collecting himself as he continued. "There have been rumours of a mastermind going around. Some believe it is myself, however I hardly see why. I personally have my own suspicions, though they may be a little biased." He laughed to himself slightly. A little biased? That was surely an understatement. Looking through all of the rules, Mondo became more pissed off by the second.
"This is fucked up!" he exclaimed and shoved the device back into Kiyotaka's grasp, causing him to almost drop the thing. He wanted nothing more of it. He walked away farther into the room, looking around as some kind of distraction, but it hardly worked. "Who's the sick asshole doing this?" Mondo growled, turning his head towards him.
"Well...I'm not entirely sure yet. This mastermind appears to be an intelligent one." With some casual self praise, Kiyotaka tried not to smile, thinking this over. "I personally have reason to believe it's Tanaka. He's not very fond of myself and has even attacked me on several occasions. My advice is to steer away from him."For a second, Ishimaru wondered if lying to him on that front was a good idea. He was already visibly aggravated with the mastermind (more accurately himself). If he couldn't get their relationship back to where they'd been multiple times before, how would Mondo react to finding out Kiyotaka was the untrustworthy one?
"...Alright, I'll keep an eye out for him then," Mondo said, keeping the name in mind. He figured might just do something about it to himself. He took a seat on his bed and roughly sighed. "They got anything to do here? Workout room? Sauna?" He asked. He was already pretty bored of being stuck in this place and the fact there was people killing each other meant he had to keep his game up.
"Oh! Of course." He wasn't entirely sure why Mondo would want to know the whereabouts of the workout area given the set up of his room, though he didn't question it."Workout area is on the second floor, same as the pool area. Uniforms are in the storage room. Bathhouse is on this floor across from the dining area." He made small hand gestures as he spoke as if it were helping him remember locations. "I'm happy to be of assistance for anything you'd like help finding or you can always explore the school at your own accord." Mondo just kinda looked at Kiyotaka with puzzled yet amused eyes.
"Yeah, okay." he snickered and stood up to head to the door.