Chapter Thirteen

"I'd be less upset if you didn't lie to me." Kiyotaka leaned against the desk in the empty classroom, blankly staring at Kazuichi.
"What-? No r-really! It's fine-."
"But it's not fine." He interjected, "First you absolutely despise Tanaka, and now he's the closest person to you!" Soda's expression construed into confusion.
"But I-..." that can't be right. He'd never even mentioned that man, let alone hint at any form of a positive relation. "How do you know that...?"
"I know everything Soda." He straightened himself out, closing his eyes as he thought for a moment. "I can't believe you would break my heart like that."
Such simple words sent the boy into a small state of panic, waving his arms in defence. "No no no! It has nothing to do with you! I mean, I know you don't like him but-." Ishimaru promptly slapped him across the face, stopping all train of thought within his mind.
"Which means you went against me." He almost seemed to growl, staring at the other's confused and hurt expression for a moment before slapping him again. "All I ask is you do not associate with those I dislike - especially those who dislike me in return - and yet here you are, post-orgasm claiming to be my friend."
"I-I know but-." He was cutting off again by another slap.
"Do not interrupt me. Oh Soda, truly I thought we had something special. And I only do this because I love you dearly..." Kazuichi tensed as the moral compass gently held his cheek, the two making eye contact. "But you shouldn't be associating with him." Kiyotaka briefly looked him up and down, taking a moment to let him indulge in the care before giving him another slap. "Not now. Not ever." the mechanic could swear his face was going numb at this point, the taller boy taking out his anger on him as he continued to do what was practically otherwise a lecture - or at least it could feel like one. "He doesn't deserve you. He doesn't deserve me. Nor anything else in this world! He is a vile creature with no moral standing that shouldn't ever come close to you. He wasted his chance and now he's making you waste yours. He is not to touch you. Or look at you. Or go anywhere near you. We do not associate with disgusting wastes of oxygen! Do I make myself clear?"

"The hell are you doing, dude?" Mondo tensed up as he had just walked into the classroom to look for Kiyotaka after not finding him in his usual spots. He only knew to check here after he heard him yelling outside in the hallway, and it was honestly unnerving.
The biker approached the two and immediately grabbed Kiyotaka by the wrist and pulled him away from Kazuichi, now placed in the middle of them. "Why are you hitting him?! The fuck is wrong with you?" Mondo snapped at the moral compass, obviously not pleased with this situation. Ishimaru froze. He stared at him for a long while, trying to formulate sentences in his mind. How could he when the only person he wanted to keep out of his line of fire was standing right there in front of him? His face couldn't seem to land on one emotion, though throughout it all showed signs of surprise and concern. "...Mondo...-"
"Owada- please i-it's fine. I'm okay!" Despite his tone, Kazuichi showed no signs of being well. His face was stinging red, everything shaking from the exchange. He couldn't say he was mad or surprised by any of it though, this is just how things went. "I did the wrong thing, r-really, it's nothing." Soda was practically ignored, all of the biker's attention being focused on the boy in front of him. Did he truly know Kiyotaka at this point? What were lies and what was the truth from this man? Mondo couldn't recognise anything that stood in front of him - a sorry excuse of Kiyotaka Ishimaru. "Who even are you?" the biker softly muttered under his breath and watched the moral compass's gaze, trying to find any ounce of hope in them. He then turned to face Kazuichi as he let go after finding nothing of value. "Scram, pinky! Go find that freak or some shit." Mondo ordered, his tone turning from sorrowful to just outright pissed. The mechanic flinched slightly, suddenly being addressed. He gave a nervous laugh, fidgeting with his hands as he stepped towards the door.
"I-I'll just...be in my room-." He gave Mondo one last smile before practically slamming the door shut behind him.

Kiyotaka watched the shorter boy for a moment, straightening out his uniform before staring at his hands. "...I wanted to keep you out of all of this, I really did." His voice was quiet, knowing full well he was going to get, at the very least, punched in the gut. What else could he really do? It's not like there was any reasoning with this man, not anymore. He'd messed up that part of the plan. Well, no, he couldn't admit that to himself. There was a long moment of silence between them, neither looking at the other.
"Out of what, exactly?" The biker eventually spoke, turning to face him. "Out of...this killing game? Out of all the shit these people are going through?" A sigh, angry yet painful, escaped from the man's throat. "He was right..." he muttered, referring to Gundham's statements surrounding Kiyotaka. Mondo shook his head in disgust and immediately headed for the door. "It's not worth dealing with you by myself. There's more people who could use it."
He groaned, almost screaming as he scratched his head to use that building energy. "You don't understand! You never understood! All of this is for your own good. To better this school, to better this country, and to better the world." Ishimaru let himself sigh, standing stiff as he stared at Mondo. "I gave you the option of being out of this mess, but it's just like you to recklessly refuse! It's hardly my fault any of this is happening in front of your eyes! They chose to murder one another, I simply deliver the justice such an action requires. But I need you to participate, and I need you to survive. I want you to see the world I'm creating and I need you to witness all the good I can accomplish." He gave a breathy laugh, his muscles loosening as he continued to pry. "It appears I may have lost you however. How hypocritical of you to leave me for hurting someone when those hands of yours have done far worse."
The hell is he on about?
"What are you getting at?" He glared and turned to face Kiyotaka once more. "There's nothing good coming out of this! You're hurting people and purposely pushing limits-! This isn't right..." Mondo averted his gaze and balled his fists up, trying to hold himself back from dealing with this man himself. "I may have fucked up more than I can amend for, but I'm not on this one. I just...I don't want nothing to do with this," the biker held pain behind his words. He truly cared about him but after learning such awful things...it was hard to continue that devotion.
"This is right! You hardly understand the meaning of the word! I am working towards my goals, and this is how I've chosen to do it. I see nothing wrong with testing the limits of humanity." He huffed, running a hand through his hair as he tried to calm himself. "I wanted you to finally understand, but you're just so...ignorant!" He waved his hands towards him with an annoyed sigh, a deep shade of sadness washing over him. "And you want to know the saddest part?" Ishimaru took a few steps towards him, pulling out his student handbook. "Perhaps I had finally admitted to myself how important you are to me. I am a purest and find loopholes unforgivable. However..." he paused for a moment, looking down at the device then back up at the other. "Mondo Owada, I give you one chance," he held out his hand towards him, "to take my hand and never look back."