Chapter Eight

Again...why him?
Gundham watched the purple-haired boy leave, sighing with relief when the room fell quiet once more. It felt like it had been an eternity by the time the breeder was able to remove his pants through all the blood, sweat, and tears he faced along the way. "Ugh...nngh." Gundham took his shaking hand and reached over to turn the shower head on to cold water before he hovered it over his leg to let it cool away the inflammation and irritation. He honestly felt like sobbing again, but he held back the tears from the trauma and pain as he sat there, naked in the shower and trying to ease the pain in his leg. His thigh wasn't the only thing that hurt. The breeder had a black eye and busted lip as well from Kiyotaka beating him. The swelling was somewhat going down for them but his thigh, on the other hand, wasn't.
"Hey mister tall, dark, and ugly, I got the drugs!" Kokichi called out as he entered the room once more, retaking his seat on the bed. He played with the bottle of pain killers in his hand, staring at the adjacent bathroom door. "So, does that mean you're gonna tell me stuff now? It's no fun listening to your damn shower! Come on Gundham, I'm bored already!" His childish whining continued as he let out a sigh, more of just waiting for Tanaka to finish. He really didn't have a lot of patience, at least it wouldn't seem that way.
"You really believe I'll share when I feel like death? You idiot vermin...just fetch me some clothes, would you?"

I'm sure he's a great dude! Just...he's scary.
Meanwhile, the astronaut stood outside of the dorm of Tanaka. While he wasn't overly thrilled that this was where Oma's suspicious trail lead, he also knew that if his hunch about him was correct, he couldn't have him going anywhere he pleased like that. He swallowed the lump in his throat and ever so suddenly pushed the cracked door open to see Kokichi just sitting on the breeder's bed. "I knew it! You're up to no good!" Kaito scoffed, still shaking with fear. The room look just as terrifying as it's owner.
"Oh great, space boy, you're here! Perfect timing too, you can get Gundham some clothes." He laid back on the bed with a smile, his face screwing into disgust at the smell of the sheets. "Sheesh how much do you sweat? This bed is disgusting." Despite his discomfort, he didn't move from his spot, sort of just staring at Kaito. "Well? You can't leave a fuckboy without his clothes. I've already helped him enough, it's your turn, I'm tired." He motioned towards the bathroom door, rolling over on the bed.
"What?" Momota looked utterly confused as he made his way into the room and peered into the bathroom. "Damn, dude! What the hell happened?!" the astronaut yelped, quickly averting his eyes and walking away to grab this man some clothes.
"Isn't it obvious, you buffoon? My greatness was attacked." Gundham hissed and leaned back against the wall as he waited. His gaze turned towards the man when he reached in some clothes through the crack in the doorway. The breeder was quick to snatch them from his grasp and, after several minutes, came out clothed and hobbling towards the bed to sit down.
"Yeah, he was fucked up when I got here, don't know who did it though cause he's refusing to tell me anything!" Kokichi pushed himself up into a sitting position, sliding up to be on top of the pillow. "Even though he totally promised he would! And this time that's not a lie, he's the one who said it!" Climbing off, he went over to Kaito and grabbed the boy's arm, "Come on Kaito! You gotta help me, I'm super duper worried now!" He shook him a few times, his unconvincing tone seeping through.
"Buzz off!" The astronaut scoffed at Kokichi and immediately pulled away from his grasp to take a seat beside Gundham. He hooked his arm over and around his shoulder in a form of comfort before leaning in. "You alright? Who did this to you?" he frowned in worry. Gundham didn't know what to feel about the contact from a man he barely talked to but he didn't argue with it.
He took a deep breath before he spoke. "Kiyotaka Ishimaru did this to me." The breeder looked up to have his gaze fall on the two in the room. "Kazuichi and Mondo are wrapped around that crook's finger. I doubt their loyalty to him will falter anytime soon..."
Kokichi stared at Tanaka for a moment. "Oh. My. God." He burst into a fit of laughter, trying to keep his gaze on the man. "You? With that body? You got beat up by some fucking hall monitor? Wow! That is a pussy move if I ever saw one!" He continued on, grabbing Gundham's desk chair and bringing it in front of the two, his expression immediately falling as soon as he sat down. "So why should we care that you're the jealous type?" Gundham immediately snapped his attention towards Kokichi with a rather pissed off look on his face.
"I'm not jealous. It isn't good he has two ultimates under his wing." He growled. True, part of him was jealous but he'd never admit that. "You call me names yet you are caught in his killing game. I suggest you think before you speak, but oh wait.. that would be useless considering you, yes?" The breeder smirked and scoffed before leaning over to snag the bottle of pain killers from Kokichi. He popped open the small container and took out a few, placing them on his tongue and soon swallowing.
"Oh but I'm not the only one in this killing game, am I?" He smirked, leaning forward in the chair. "So the breeder is suggesting that the ultimate moral compass; famed for his high grades, work ethic, annoying optimism, and strict nature, is the mastermind? I would say you have an interesting theory, however I'm afraid you have little to present, don't you?" Oma didn't even know if such evidence existed, but there was no way he was going to go around trusting people without it. "Now, I have every reason to believe you, however my colleague here is an idiot so we're going to need some elaboration."
"Hey! I'm not a fucking idiot!" Kaito exclaimed, obviously offended by Kokichi's words, though, he was promptly ignored.
"You are correct. I have no solid evidence to give." Tanaka replied in a soft tone. "But questioning his dearest colleagues may shed some light. Kazuichi is one to quickly share his suspicions and Mondo avoids the topic. Don't believe me? Confront them yourselves. Everyone knows they are the most closest mortals to that evil man." The breeder huffed and, using Kaito as support, lifted himself up onto his feet and went hobbling for the door. "I have events that need attending to. Farewell."
"Wait-!" Momota shot up and followed after Gundham, grabbing his wrist and pulling him back. "You need to rest, dude...you're in no shape to be running around."
Kokichi sat there for a few moments, just allowing the other two to go on. "For once, Momota has a point." Oma stood up, walking over to the breeder. "You need to go to bed. You couldn't even get to the shower without my help, and now you expect to be able to go around a several story building? Nah-uh. No way. You've got a pathetic little body, plus, you're gonna get a lot of questions." He tried to push him back towards the bed. "Kaito can stay with you because he's just the best little baby space man, and I can go and prove your theory. Sound good? Great! Thanks Kaito, you're like the best!" He gave the luminary a wide smile, still try to get Gundham to move back towards the bed.
"I-..,ah, no problem." Kaito sighed at first but quickly flashed a wide smile at Tanaka to give him a nicer atmosphere. "Come on! Can't be getting old on us now." He joked, sweeping the injured man up into his arms.
"I'm not the elderly, you idiot fiend!" Gundham snapped at the astronaut and hit him on the head when he started carrying him off towards his bed.
"Hey! Stop hitting me!" Kaito cried and, through his distress, tossed Gundham onto the bed a bit rougher then he intended to. "I'll make your room look a bit nicer. It stinks in here-" the luminary cringed, referring to the dried blood on the floor. Kaito quickly walked off into the bathroom to grab a bucket of water, soap, and rags to go ahead and scrub away the mess while Gundham begrudgingly laid on his bed. Kokichi stared for a while, eventually shrugging it off with a sigh almost as if to reset himself.
"I'll be back before you know it! Bye now, daddy's got important work to do!" He cooed before stepping out into the hallway and shutting the door behind him. Now all he needed to do was find Soda or Owada. Which would be a challenge for him considering he knew practically nothing about either of them. Ideally, with what time it was they'd be in the dining hall - even more ideally, they'd be together. Though if they were together, Kiyotaka would also likely be there which would make questioning either of them harder. It was worth a try though. He could also get something to eat while he was there even if neither of them were so it wouldn't be a total loss.