Chapter Nine

Mondo just completely ignored him and continued walking back to his dorm room.
"What's wrong, kitten? You got your panties in a twist?" The biker snickered, glancing down at Kiyotaka as he stood in the hallway.
"That depends. Literally or figuratively?" He took a step back, staring at Mondo as straight as ever. "Not the point," he shook his head, crossing over his arms, "my point is that just because...prior events occurred, does not mean you can do as you please in view of others. You are oddly enjoying the state your actions put myself in. I ask that you do not perform them without forewarning. Especially that! Such an embarrassing nickname..." he looked away with a huff.
I swear, if that is what I associate such a word with, I might as well be stripped of all honour. How indecent...
Mondo snickered again. "Alright, but the nickname is sticking." He said, turning around to face the boy and soon pulling him in close. "I'll just make sure no one else is around, ok? Shouldn't be a problem." The biker hummed, as Ishimaru still kept trying to keep a stiff a serious stance.

"Hey! You know damn well you're suppose to be in bed! Stop being so stubborn." A voice exclaimed down the hallway. Kaito followed and grabbed hold of Gundham, who had had enough of being babied in his room. Swatting the hand away, he continued with his...admittedly miserable attempt at fleeing the dormitory, however soon stopping dead in his tracks. Momota took hold of him once more, a was a little confused as to why the breeder stopped picking a fight until he looked away towards Kiyotaka and Mondo. "Oh shit..." Gundham didn't say a word, but he did drop to the floor like a possum so Kaito would stop trying to drag him back into the room. "I'm not going back to that blasted cage, you star-born fiend!" Mondo couldn't help but stare at Tanaka and his injuries - prominent and showing.
Oh...fuck-.
Kiyotaka had almost forgotten he hadn't exactly communicated his actions with Mondo. His expression fell, staring at the man.
He looks worse than when I left him...since when did he hang out with Momota of all people-?
Well, whatever the reason, it didn't matter. The astronaut could live or die and it wouldn't make a difference. "...He looks really bad..." Ishimaru let out a shaky breath, holding Owada's arm. Even if he was the one who did it, now that it was all bruised...it look horrifying.
...I really did that huh-?
"The hell happen to you?" Mondo eventually spoke out, slowly approaching Gundham and pulling away from Kiyotaka's grasp. Tanaka snapped his attention towards the biker, pissed at the fact this man still questioned stupid things. However, he decided to not fully answer his question.
"You know who." He replied with obvious malice before smacking Kaito to let him go, who was in the process of trying to pull him up again.
"Okay! Okay!" He yelped, shielding his face from getting hit again. "Look- just find me every hour or so so I know you're not dead. Deal?" The astronaut lended out his hand and helped him back up onto his feet, the process being rocky at first, but the breeder managed to find his footing. As soon as he was stable, he grabbed hold of Mondo and muttered into his ear. The biker's face remained expressionless at first but then turned angry at him.
"Stop fucking around! It's not amusing, okay? You're just pissed off that you don't have someone that cares about you." He growled and pushed Gundham down onto the floor again. Tanaka hit the ground with a thud, groaning at the immediate pain that shot through his body from his previous injuries. It took a moment before he managed to sit himself up and glare Mondo down in the eyes.
"Oh, you're one to speak, Owada." He hissed under his breath. "I'm not the one who cheated." The other stood in shocked silence.
How dare he accuse me of such a thing?!
"Mondo- please...we don't need to be making more conflict." Kiyotaka made his way over, taking the biker by the arm. "...he is injured so there's hardly any honour in fighting him. If you're becoming agitated, perhaps it is best we leave." He muttered to him, glancing down at Gundham. Even he didn't want to see anyone beaten to death before his eyes, and while that would certainly get rid of the problem, it would make another one entirely. "You two are not fond of each other these days, so perhaps some space is required."
"You know I'm right." Tanaka laughed through the pain as he emerged back up onto his feet. "He doesn't know, does he?" The breeder glanced at Kiyotaka, not amused by his empty words. "All the nights of holding me...whispering sweet nothings. Pitiful you tended to the mastermind."
"Come on man-." Kaito grabbed hold of him once more and, in this attempt, he managed to get him to follow and walk away. Tanaka eventually took charge and headed to where he pleased while the astronaut simply followed. Staring at Gundham until he was out of view, Kiyotaka turned his attention towards Mondo.
So...they were a thing-?
"You liked him, didn't you?" He spoke, leaning against the other's arm. Ishimaru honestly had no idea how he felt about it. On the one hand, he was infuriated because that meant there must still be some care between them, and he himself had been pulled into this, proclaiming Mondo a cheat. On the other hand, it meant he had all the more reason to be with the biker. "Were you in a committed relation? Is that why he was so upset?" He moved to stand in front of him, taking both his hands in his own. "I want you to be honest with me. I will not judge you either way."
"I mean...it wasn't really a committed or defined one..." Mondo ushered out, awfully embarrassed that Kiyotaka had witnessed their fight. "Fuckin' stupid of me to get so vulnerable with someone I just met. What was I thinking?" The biker's grasp on the other's hands slightly tightened in order to comfort himself. "Hell, I don't know why he's that upset, but it does seem like he has a hard time opening up to folks..."
"I would assume because he has little to no friends at this point. Do you recall how he was at Ms. Nevermind's trial? Much like yourself, he has incredible emotional responses, and will often express them as anger." He brought on of the other's hands up, giving it a gentle kiss. "He's quite lonely however is too prideful to express it." At least that's what Ishimaru was able to pick up on based on his actions. "It's alright Mondo. If you require anything, please let me know." A small smile formed upon Mondo's lips.
God I don't deserve this man.
"I will, kitten." Kiyotaka would've scolded the other for the use of such a nickname again, but stopped when he was pulled into a hug. He didn't want to ruin that for either of them.
"I'm gonna be in my room." Mondo eventually broke from the contact, "I managed to snag some of the workout equipment, so if you need me I'll be there." He stole a small kiss on the other's cheek before walking off to his dorm room.
"...How did you do that by yourself?" He asked, slightly following behind. "The equipment is on the second floor, surely it couldn't have been an easy task. Why waste time on doing something like that?" While he understood why someone might take lighter items like a small weight or a resistance band - in fact he'd be lying if he said he didn't have one stashed in his own dorm somewhere - but Mondo didn't exactly have a light workout routine, so it made no sense in his mind.
"I didn't. I got that gigantic bug freak and robo dude to help me with it." He replied. He sure as hell couldn't do all that by himself...well maybe with the right determination. The jacket the biker always wore was quick to fall off and rest on the side of his bed before he adjusted his tank top to a more comfortable position.
"I see...well, I'm glad you didn't get hurt..." Kiyotaka leaned on the dorm's wall, staring at him for a while. He practically knew the whole gist of the routine, but still was always intrigued by how dedicated Mondo was to it. It gave Ishimaru the sense that this man had at least some discipline inside him. Owada quietly grumbled and hummed things to himself, getting into his normal routine of how he did things without the distraction of others around him. Picking up a few weights, he slid them on to each side of a barbell he kept in his room.
"Wait-." The moral compass suddenly pushed himself off the wall, standing wide stanced with a concerned expression. "You don't...seriously do that alone all the time, right-? It is highly recommended that you have a partner for your own safety-! You haven't hurt yourself doing that, have you?" He looked like he was waiting for permission before taking another step into the room.
"I've pulled a muscle a few times but that's it." Mondo huffed, a little agitated at Kiyotaka's constant worrying. It was sometimes nice. The biker took his place in front of the barbell and immediately lifted it up using his hands. He took a moment to adjust before swinging it over onto his shoulders and slowly lifting himself up and down.
"I don't need people-." He panted. "Plus, who even talks while working out? I sure as hell don't."
"No- that's not what I mean. Nevermind, it's alright. Just as long as you're safe, I don't want you to drop it on yourself and no one can hear you." Ishimaru waved a hand towards him with a sigh. "I'll leave you to it if you feel better doing such a thing in peace. I need to get Kazuichi to sew my shirt up, and speaking of him, I should see why he's so antsy..." Turning away, his body seemed to significantly soften as he continued to sprout his thoughts out loud. "You can come find me if you need anything in that case."
Mondo took a minute to rise back up before he looked over at him and smiled. "Alright, kitten. I'll come find you later." He chuckled softly to himself.
"...one day I am going to slap you because of that name." He muttered, giving own last look at the biker before heading back out towards the door. Closing it behind himself, Kiytoaka headed towards his own dorm to fetch the shirt in question.
That shirt's never going to be the same...why did he have to be so impatient yesterday...