Dejected.

Author's POV-

"I just got the news from my dad itself. You thought he was dead, huh?"

He sniggered. "Look, if you don't want your life to be hell right now, be my girlfriend."

You were barely listening. Once he said that you lost your mind.

You threw the mobile on the floor shattering it into a thousand pieces. He was still speaking on the other side while you knelt on the floor. Jimin took the broken mobile and screamed, "FUCK OFF ASSHOLE!"

Then he kept it aside. He saw you filled up with anger and guilt. Coming near to you, he knelt down and looked at your face. "Sorry."

"Why a-are y-you a-apologizing?" You stammered as you spoke. "D-did y-your h-hand h-hurt?"

You took his hand trying not to think about what just happened. You patted it slowly as Jimin lost it seeing you stay strong for too long. "Cry it out, y/n. I'm here for you."

You looked at his face. You really wanted your dad back.

"Why didn't hE KeEp iT a SeCrEt?"

You hugged Jimin sobbing into his shirt. "HE COULD HAVE JUST NOT TOLD ME.."

Jimin's eyes filled with tears soon enough. He wanted to run away from reality but he couldn't just leave you alone. "Why d-did t-they k-k-kill m-m-y d-dad?"

You asked tears on your cheeks. He didn't know what to say. 

The room door opened and your mother came dashing in. She saw the mobile on the floor shattered and you and Jimin on the bathroom floor crying out.

Your mom asked, "W-what happened?"

Jimin looked at your mom and got up quickly helping you too. You saw your mom's full-on concern. You couldn't speak. Instead you just silently hugged her. Your mom didn't know what was happening but just stood there in silence.

Then after a few minutes of settlement, Jimin told what Wo-eun had said through the mobile. Your mom listened to it and then sighed. "There is no use of crying over it."

She was right. Jimin looked at you who was sleeping quietly. "What should we do?"

"I don't know. Argh," Your mom said shuffling her hair. "I know one thing for sure, the police can't catch them."

"Why?"

"They are smarter than you think."

"Mom,"

Hearing Jimin call your mom like that made her happy than beyond. She let out a pretty smile and said, "Yes, jiminah?"

He too blushed at the pet name. Then he cleared his throat and said, "Mind telling me about y/n's father's death? I felt like I should know it by now."

She sighed and took a huge breath. "I can. Anyway, you are my daughter's soulmate."

Jimin leaned in to listen carefully. 

FLASHBACK-

She was only ten that time. She was the prettiest daughter any family could possibly have. Her eyes were the most popular. Her galaxy-filled orbs gave everyone the look none saw. I was 25 when I had her. My husband cherished her more than anyone. Not because of her marvellous beauty but the way she came into his life. He named her y/n and smiled with me. She used to go to schools with her father and they spent time always without me. Don't get me wrong, I ain't jealous. He always made love to me too. He was the perfect husband and a father. Everything was perfect, or I was just unlucky.