NCR Chapter 15: Welcome Back!!!

NCR 15: Welcome Back!!!

"Crever told me that we'll continue the set up with the sergeants," Milky suddenly said while we're in the middle of cleaning up our tables. Dreamia reacted right away, as expected. She dramatically put both of her hands on her waist and went toward Milky's table.

"Hindi niya pwedeng gawin 'yon!" iritado niyang sabi at hinampas ang table ni Milky. Hindi naman siya pinansin nito at patuloy lang ang paglilinis ng lamesa.

"Ang sabi niya ay three weeks lang! Isang buwan na ngayon!" Dreamia continued, urging Milky to respond to her but we all know that Milky won't. Once he said something, he won't repeat it. Milky just shrugged his shoulders and plastered an awkward smile.

"Sa presinto ka na lang magreklamo, Dreamia," Acer interposed, getting the first hit to tease her. Dreamia just glared at him and brought back her attention to Milky.

"Milky! Please! Palitan mo na ang partner ko!" pagmamakaawa nito na akala mo'y isang virus si Erell, huwag lang siyang madikit. Milky eventually sighed and nodded.

Dreamia's grim expression shifted to a triumphed one. "You're a life saver, Milks!" She merrily said and tapped Milky's shoulder with heavy force. Milky looked really done with her.

"Sino ang ipapalit mo?" tanong ko dahil hindi ko na rin mapigilang hindi magsalita. Lumingon silang tatlo sa 'kin. Agad kinuha ni Milky ang listahan niya samantalang lumapit naman sa akin si Dreamia.

"Hindi ka magpapa palit?" she asked with full of curiosity. I creased my forehead and got confused for a second.

"Why? I'm fine with Sage. We're getting along better than I've expected..." I sincerely told her that made her smile. It was not a teasing smile or with a smile with malice... It was like she's relieved. I felt light-hearted as I realized that I rarely see Dreamia smile like that. She's always mocking or teasing us.

"Mabuti naman. I was worried that you might be uncomfortable with him," natatawa niyang sagot at bumalik na sa pwesto niya. Sinundan ko naman ng tingin ang likod ni Dreamia. I felt like there's something different with her lately. Not because she smiled at me earlier... But it looked like she's really having a good day. She's in a bright mood. Her eyes scream with happiness and sincerity.

"Si Kaizer na lang ang ipapalit ko pero huwag kang mag expect na laging siya ang partner mo. Pwedeng si Erell minsan... At kung babalik na si Crever, kayo na ulit ang magkasama mag patrol," sabi ni Milky nang matapos niyang tingnan ang listahan ng mga schedule namin sa pagp-patrol.

"Thank you, Milks! Sana huwag mo akong isumpa," masayang pasasalamat ni Dreamia na inilingan lang ni Milky.

If Acer's the one assigned with fixing our schedule, I bet Dreamia won't be able to change her partner. But it's a lot better as long as Dreamia and I were not assigned while Crever's away. Aside from I admit that we're kind of unprofessional, the documents that we handle are too much in our plate as of the moment. I think that half of Crever's workload was passed on me while the 30% of the remaining became Dreamia's. The rest were divided by the two. But all in all, we almost have the same amount of job. Mine was just a bit... complicated, I guess?

"Nag text sa 'kin si Sage. Kararating niya lang daw. Maya-maya pwede mo na siya doong puntahan, VPres," Acer informed me. I just nodded and continued what I was doing. Tuwing Tuesday at Wednesday ang schedule namin ni Sage. Minsan tatlong beses kaming nagp-patrol sa isang araw. Pero ang madalas isa o hanggang dalawa lang. Ang importante lagi ay ang before lunch. Pero nagp-patrol din kami before mag start ang klase. 8:00 am kasi pareho ang start ng klase ng senior at junior high. Pero depende rin 'yun kasi minsan, vacant ang first subject. Kaya kailangan dala talaga ng mga estudyante ang schedule slip nila in case mahuli silang pagala-gala sa campus.