Chapter 22

-just a little note I was listening to Bloodstream by Ed Sheeran while writing this, just incase you want to listen too!-

So much had happened in so little time that training had taken a back seat in my priorities. I'd forgotten about it totally, as had Eric.

Max had excused him from his duties after what had happened and most of the new initiates were too focused on their own training to notice that I wasn't present. I didn't know what was going to happen to me with regards to training but right now I wasn't bothered.

"We need to get together every antitode we can from Bea before dusk. Abnegation will be meeting us to collect the viles and distribute them." Eric said.

We hadn't spoken about anything else. I don't think either of us had really thought about anything else and Eric looked tired. His skin was almost grey and deep circles drew his normally glistening sapphire eyes into looking like cold grey stones.

His eyes met mine and I smiled softly.

"You look exhausted" I said to him quietly, running my hand down his cheek. His eyes closed at my touch and he nudged his cheek further into my palm. His fingers wrapped gently around my wrist and he pulled me closer to him, nuzzling into my neck.

"I love you Ari" his voice was practically a whisper.

My arms wrapped round him as he embraced me. "I love you too..."

He pulled back and looked into my eyes, his arms still firmly round my waist. Before I could say a word, his lips crashed onto mine. His hand snaked up my back and up to the back of my head where he held me even closer to his kiss.

My breath caught in my chest as my stomach flipped. He pushed his body against mine, forcing me to take steps backwards until my back connected with the wall. He pulled back again and I took the opportunity to gasp for air. I looked into his eyes silently and a tiny glint had returned. He pulled my t-shirt over my head before his lips connected with mine again.

His hands ran down my sides to underneath my backside, where he lifted me, my legs intuitively wrapping round him. Only the wall and his hands were supporting me but nothing mattered to me. I felt a fire ripping through my veins for the second time this week....only this time it was good....so good.

His touch was electric and he moved his lips from mine to my jaw, placing kisses down my neck to my collar bone where he bit ever so slightly.

He secured his grip under me and moved, walking me backwards into the bedroom where he let me go to fall onto the bed. Climbing over me, he kissed me again as I tugged on the hem of his t-shirt. He pulled back to allow me to pull it off. His toned torso still made my heart skip.

My legs wrapped around his again as I fumbled with the buttons on his jeans. He smirked before expertly removing mine. I pulled on his again and he let out a low growl with a smile before taking them off himself.

As he came back to kiss me he looked down at me, his fingers interlocking with mine, he pulled my arms to above my head, making me smirk.

He leant down, his lips hovering above mine. I could feel his hot breath on my skin. This was agony...I was aching for him. His lips were impossibly close as he said in a low voice,

"Don't ever go away.....I need you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I lay in Eric's arms, thoughts of the serum, of Janine, of Abnegation, all slowly flooded back. My finger traced patterns across his chest and we breathed slowly, I could hear his heart rate slowing.