Chapter 12

As I opened my eyes there was only one face I wanted to see and I smiled as I saw it.

"Hey you!" Four's warm voice hit my ears like the sweetest melody.

I smiled a response. "I'm so sorry...I shouldn't have let you go back..." he said.

"This wasn't your fault" I mumbled, my face hurt...no scrap that...everything hurt.

I could see Eric stood behind Four, leaning against the wall.

"Thank you..." I said to him and he nodded slightly. "What will happen to those boys?"

"They will be severely punished." Four said and I didn't press the subject. "We like Dauntless who fight but not eachother"

I nodded. The back of my head burned and i instincively reached up.

"You reopened the wound from last week...so that's going to be sore." Bea said as she re-entered the room with all kinds of pills and bandages in her arms.

I looked up at the wall and the clock flashed 0250.

So much for an early night.

"I want you to stay here tonight sweetie" Bea said, unwrapping my new tattoo which had had the scab knocked off in the commotion. "You should be ok for training in the morning but I am not releasing you until mid-day so I'm sorry gents but she needs to be last in the line"

Four and Eric nodded in agreement and Four stood up from where he was seated beside my bed. 

"One of us will come to get you and walk you down to training in the morning." Four stated and looked over at Eric. As Eric moved his arm, a deep cut on his arm came into view. 

Bea gasped slightly and shook her head. 

"You, Mr, need stitches...sit down." She said, forcing him into the chair Four had just vacated and I stiffled a giggle. 

Four smirked..."ok...see you in the morning." He placed a quick kiss on my forehead and I smiled. Eric turned his head slightly, looking away. 

He left the infirmary and the room was silent as Bea went to get some stiches for Eric's arm.

"I'm sorry...." I muttered.

"Huh? Why are you sorry?" He asked, looking over to me.

"Well you wouldn't have got hurt if I hadn't have got in trouble."

He smiled softly. "You were in bed...I would hardly call that getting yourself in trouble. I should be the one who's sorry...I wasn't there to stop you getting hurt."

"Why would you have been there? It's not your fault Eric

"Why would you have been there? It's not your fault Eric...but thank you for literally saving my life...again" I smiled and placed my hand on his.

He tensed up but still smiled before Bea came back as he quickly took his hand away from me.