Chapter 3

"Apparently they are twins" The boy sat opposite me said - following my gaze.

"Oh really?" I said - he obviously thought I was looking at Lydia and Jack. The two blonde leaders laughed with the others as though there were no cares in the world.

"That Lydia is pretty hot" he laughed. His comment made me smile. "I'm Elias...ex Abnegation"

Myself, Lupei and Kayleen introduced ourselves and the four of us laughed and chatted over our food until Max silenced the crowd.

He said a speech about welcoming all the new initiates and explained about what would happen in each stage. Once he had finished he sat back down and the noise level quickly picked back up.

After dinner we were invited to the Pit - a kind of rec area where there were shops, bars and cafes all for us to enjoy during down time.

We were told to enjoy our first night - tomorrow we would be learning how to throw knives and fight.

Lupei grinned as she spotted a store directly in front of us.

"Let's get tattoos!"

Kayleen instantly said no but this had been one thing I had really looked forward to since getting a Dauntless result on my aptitude test!

We looked at the designs on the stands and Lupei picked out a small wolf silouette and took it over to a heavily tattooed man who nodded and asked her where she wanted it.

She decided to have it on her right hip and the man started up the tattoo machine.

I kept looking at the designs until one suddenly caught my eye. It was a tree but the trunk and branches were made up of tribal designs which formed the shape of the tree. It had no leaves but the branches spread out and upwards. I loved it.

I took it over to a girl who was also covered in tattoos and recognised her.

"Hey - you did my aptitude test!"

She smiled. "That I did! The name's Tori"

"Aria" I smiled back - handing her the design.

"Nice choice - kind of large for a first tat!"

"I know...go hard or go home right?"

She laughed slightly - "That's what they say! - It's gonna take a few hours this one. We can stop if needs be but you good for time?"

I nodded and sat in the chair. The tattoo was going on my back and it pretty much filled it - the branches spreading over my shoulders like straps and up onto the back of my neck.

The pain wasn't as bad as I had expected - it felt hot and just irritating but I got used to it. Lupei's design had been done and looked awesome - her and Kayleen said they would meet me in a bar once I had finished.

"All done!" Tori said finally and I stood in front of the mirror.

"Wow....Tori that's incredible" I grinned. I paid my points and made my way over to the bar where Lupei and Kayleen were waiting for me.

"Lets see - lets see!" Kayleen jumped up and peeled back the covering on my back....

"wooooahhh" my two friends said together..."Ari - that's awesome!"

"Thanks!" I blushed slightly. I think I could get addicted to tattoo's...

Just then a few of the older Dauntless entered the bar - Four and Eric being amongst them.

I turned my back - not wanting to make eye contact. Eric made me feel very uneasy and I didn't fancy catching his eye tonight - I just wanted to relax before training again tomorrow.