Chapter 18 - Eric's POV

Hello beauties! I am very sorry if this is all a bit cliche action filmy...I needed to get across what happened and couldn't think of a better way! You know you love it really :)

xxxxx

My eyes opened and I looked around, trying to get my bearings.

The room was pitch black except for a small light hanging in the corner. I couldn't recognise where I was but the lack of windows made me think it was some sort of basement.

My arms were taped together with some sort of industrial tape and cables wrapped round my ankles tightly. This cannot be happening. Who the hell was behind this?!

I tried to call out but more of the industrial tape was pulled across my lips, aloowing me only to make some feeble sounds.

I heard a door behind me open and strained to try to see who it was. I didn't recognise them but knew they were medical staff by their uniform. I watched him closely, subtly trying to wriggle my wrists free of the tape. He didn't speak but was preparing a syringe - I couldn't see what he had in it.

He began to walk toward me from the other side of the room and my heartbeat sped up...

At the last second I managed to pull my right arm free and swung it at the worker, knocking him off his feet and to the floor. He was unconcious but the syringe had smashed, making a loud noise.

I looked behind me at the door...I had to find Aria...god only knows what was happening if this was what was going on. My mind flicked to my dad and the testing of the divergent serum that I knew he had been doing with Jeanine.

I pulled open the door carefully and saw two more men stood outside. Puny Erudite didn't stand a chance against me. I had tripled in strength since joining Dauntless. I knocked them both unconcious in a matter of seconds and set off at a sprint down the corridor. I finally found the stairwell and ran up the stairs two at a time. When I came to the top, I threw open the door only to be met face to face by Jeanine.

She held a handgun at arms length pointed right at my temple and it made me stop dead in my tracks.

"I knew you would come scouting for her...." She said...her voice was cold. "Frey always went on and on about how we were never allowed to ever come near his precious children...but he never said anything about you coming near us"

She smirked.

"Where's Aria?" I growled

"Oh she's helping us out with a little...project." She laughed slightly to herself. "Walk...you can come and see for yourself"

She waved the pistol, gesturing to me to walk down a hallway ahead. I walked and we came to a door with a code pad next to it. Jeanine entered the code and nudged me through the door.

As we entered I could see a glass window ahead that looked through to a treatment room where Aria was laid on a hospital table. She was unconcious and a computer seemed to be documenting her condition hourly...

Hang on....I looked up at a clock on the wall and it showed as half past 8...the sun outside was rising not setting...how long had I been in that basement?!!!

Not the concern right now.....I needed to get Aria out.

I looked at Jeanine, she had been studying my face closely.

"I knew you had feelings for her...is this killing you?"

"Let her go...you can use me...just please, let her go."

She laughed. "I told you - your father would kill me if he knew you had been tested on. And he has always wanted your little girlfriend over there so why not just use her? He was so excited when I told him she was here the other day! You should have seen him! It was like his birthday and I had got him the biggest pre..."