SEVEN

When he was alone in there, the thought came to him, and he burst into tears as he attempted to prevent the memory. It wouldn't stop this time though; it wanted him to know the truth, but he wasn't ready for it yet, so he dashed through the door out into the fresh air.

And as he got closer to the edge of the cliff, he could see, hear, and forget more, and as he stood on the very edge, he noticed something floating in the river underneath him, and he rapidly realized it wasn't something, but someone.

He sensed another person consuming oxygen alongside him, a soul flying through the air with his, a power else than his, and for the first time, he felt a pleasurable sensation, that someone had been sent by a higher power to assist him.

His clean heart will purified Aamon’s cruel, evil heart, and he felt like if that person was a barrier preventing him from jumping off the cliff.

This person looked up and noticed Aamon; he got out of the water and tried to get a better look, but Aamon didn’t move; he stood there studying him, wanting the man to see him, to know that there is someone alive beyond this river.

And when the man walked away, clearly surprised, Aamon followed his steps with his eyes, but became lost inside the woods around the river.

He returned home, conveying a joyous vibe throughout, and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, which he finished after putting it later than usual; it was composed from two eggs, a Greek yogurt and little cup of coffee. He settled down at the table, turned on the television, and as soon as he saw the movie's ending, he remembered Maya.

"We just didn't see this coming, right?" Someone hollered behind him, and Aamon turned just in time to see Maya.

“What?” He spoke in hushed tones, as if he didn't know who she was.

“I just mentioned the ending was nice; it's too bad we didn't watch it together yesterday”

He closed his eyes firmly and rehashed saying. “This isn't real."

“What are you talking about, I just came when you were inside of the kitchen"

“To be honest, I didn't hear anything" He mumbled as his eyes were about to jump out of his skull.  “What are you doing here, if you're real?”

“I left my suitcase in the room.”

“Can you tell me which room it is?”

“The one with the "DO NOT ENTER" sign on the door."

“So you noticed the sign and still walked in?" He asked, snickering. “Are you sure this is real?”

The talk came to an end when someone began hammering on the door.