TWENTY-THREE : Aamon's notebook

The day has come; so I showed Ruth some of the methods I've learnt to avoid them; evil creatures. We hadn't slept all night, we were overthinking, which is common when you're about to do something the next day, we were a little drowsy but we didn't close our eyes for a second, the door suddenly opened just as the sun began to rise, we stood up, I got my dagger and gave Maya my..., "Aamon, where have you gone?" Maya uttered with a sporadic sound and an ugly tone.

As she got closer to my room, her footsteps became faster, and she dashed in, kicking the door open, but I wasn't there; I was in the "DO NOT ENTER" room. She suddenly realized her error and ran to me, but as she kicked open the door and walked through the door, I smashed her against the wall, but she seemed perplexed. "You're not Aamon.” She expressed her inability to comprehend.

"I'm not simply Aamon; I'm a lot more, and I'm going to have to murder you immediately." I spoke in a frantic manner.

"You've had all this time, all those brothers of mine who have fought you, and you still haven't figured it out. You won't be able to kill us. We are immortal beings."

"I've already killed some of you; now it's your turn."

She pushed me to the ground after that. I quickly shifted my head to dodge the bullet as she shot at me. I immediately exited and dashed to another room, one that I'd never told anyone about before, my room.

No one has ever taken a step in it, although they are welcome to try. And she felt this terrible and wicked power within her as she followed me in with tentative steps. "After all this time in the house, you still haven't figured it out."

"And what's that?" She laughed as she wandered around the room.

"I know you don't die against people, but you do against each other, therefore this is where I hid your brothers."

"What?"

"They told me you were disrespectful to them, and they want their vengeance; they're here because of you."

And as I approached the container holding them, she stopped me and pulled me into the air, striking me hysterically.

"You know that can't kill me," Maya said as she drew her rifle, but Ruth immediately placed hers on Maya's head.

"I know, but it can knock you out for a few minutes, which is all we need to kill you. But don't worry, Ruth, they won't slaughter her here; they'll take her back to where she belongs, burned down to dust." Aamon enthusiastically informed.

"Damn it," Maya exclaimed as she yelled.

"You're not going to get away with this,"

"I know, but neither will you."

"Can you tell me what she's talking about?" Ruth remarked.

"She has no idea." Maya burst out laughing. "These demons he's hiding, will kill him as well"

"Ruth, grab me the box."

"Don't do it, Ruth, I'm not worth it"

"Listen to me, Ruth, grab the fucking box, here"

"No" Ruth cried.

"Get it"

"Don't"

"I can't"

"I'm not going to survive if she lives; death may be the only option."

"What about me?"

"I've loved you since the first time I saw you swimming; you don't deserve a madman like me; you said it yourself; you came here to forget about those things, and I made you relive them."

"No"

"Don't do that; leave us alone and go on with your life; you're still young."

"Maya, shut the fuck up! Please, Ruth, open the box."

And as she opened that small wooden box, a wing sprang out, making everyone's hair fly, but the wing just took Maya, as no one expected. Then, in my ears, I heard a voice. "Thank you, you now will be free of that curse for the rest of your life."