TEN

Opening his eyes, he stood on the cliff's edge, but no one was swimming this time. He hurriedly made half a turn and returned inside the home, reopening that room's door, but nothing was there, no bodies, bones, blood, nothing...

He immediately realized it was all in his head, but it was stronger than ever before, and he had never been in a hallucinatory condition for as long as he had.

His head is still etched with her image; he sees her everywhere; she was crying, pleading with him for mercy; "I would never do that," he said. He said this while holding his head and almost falling to the ground.

"But you did"

"It's unthinkable, I'm not him"

“You are"

“No"

"Do you want to watch it again?"

"What's wrong with you? I was just hallucinating, that’s all"

"Because of what?"

"Oh no!"

He then sat on the couch, waiting for Maya to arrive; he was urging himself to move his legs uncontrollably due to anxiousness; he waited for a long time, but she finally arrived, and he promptly opened the door.

"What's wrong?" She said, sensing his worry.

"Just close the door behind you”

"What's up?"

"Look, I'm sorry, but I don't have time for this; what was the second film we saw last night?"

"I'm not sure, but you can just look it up on the television."

"Don't you think I did that already? Everything was wiped out... in some way."

"Wait a minute, it's... "American Psycho," now I remember it."

"Why did I get myself into this mess?"

"Can you tell me what you're talking about?"

"I'm suffering from psychosis, schizophrenia…"

"And...?"

"If I see anything on TV, I dream about it all night, but this time, I experienced it in some way."

"How do you know you lived it?"

"I sensed it, I murdered that girl, I murdered you."

"Right, this is starting to creep me out."

"I know, but there are moments when I believe I'm hallucinating, or I'm in reality; for example, this exact moment, I'm not certain if this is the reality or the other one when I killed you."

"Look, I'm calling Mrs. Agatha,"

"Don't, she'll send me back there if you do, I’ll figure it out, tell me before you leave, what happened to him at the ending?”

“You shall find that out yourself, goodbye… hope your dreams come true my friend, hope they do"