THIRTEEN

He woke up promptly, and despite the fact that his muscles yearned for even more rest, he sprang with a sensation of overexert; since he omitted to accomplish a critical job.

The sound of a ring jolted him upright.

He had opened up the door, and it was solely Maya, as he had expected. Her small figure abruptly came to a standstill in the middle of the road, her eyes glowing wildly.

"Could you explain to me what happened last night? I didn't get any sleep since I was thinking about you"

"What do you mean?"

“You don't remember, do you?" She giggled. "I move forward as usual, but you continuously drag me backwards with you"

"Could you please explain?"

"What's more, guess what? I'm tired of your nonsense; it's time for you to embark on this adventure on your own; I was curious as to why you did those things, and now I vaguely grasp it; thank you for saving us, I suppose;"

"Can you tell me what you're talking about?"

"Normal people, like myself, exist in this world from past to present to future, but not you."

"Did I do anything wrong?”

"I'm sorry, but I can't give you any spoilers." She gave a sardonic, little smile. "You'll be fine if you just cling to the cliff... Thank you again, it's time to leave my friend, hope you get better… Lol, now I understand why you weren't truly worried; you knew I'd be safe.”

She then walked away, seemingly delighted, leaving him with no reasonable assumption as to what was happening there. When she turned back to see him for the last time, he grinned and said, "It's good to know you succeed in doing something before you even do it," but now it's up to him to handle this. He then assumed that the ending will be joyful based on what she said.

He then swiftly walked back into the room, scanning the walls for any traces of what had happened, but there were none, implying that this was the past. How? Isn't this supposed to be the future?

Everything appeared as silly as that monkey with the gigantic hooter, I really don't know how to say it, it was tiring.

He then exited the house and sat on the cliff's edge, holding his journal book in his hands, assuming that the only way to understand the sequence of events in his life was to first understand where they all began.