EIGHTEEN

He was awakened abruptly, not from any disturbance or intrusion, but because his dream had come to a disconcerting end. The movie had ended. It was time for him to find which is the real world.

He wasn't with Ruth this time, as he had to be from the outset.
He then went to the living room, stood right there, and glanced at her for a long time before feeling shame; he felt like he was looking at someone when this person couldn't conceal; an assault.

He was so furious with himself that he screamed, startling Ruth awake.

"I'm sorry," he murmured, his mind on the penalty.

"What you were doing?" She chortled.

"I was looking at you!"

"What an invasion! I don't mind at all" She said, that let out his sigh of regret. "Can you tell me where the bathroom is?"

"Can you tell me where...?" Her grey eyes caught his attention.

"The bathroom," she laughed even more noticing where his eyes were on.

He pointed to it and added, "It's at the very end of the hallway, there's a "BATHROOM" sign on its door."

As she approached the bathroom, she chuckled, "Why do you even have a sign on your bathroom?"

He didn't respond; instead, he sat on the couch, waiting for her to return so he could tell her about what had transpired in the alternate reality.

But then, out of nowhere, another Aamon emerged from his chamber and proceeded to walk the length of the corridor, while Maya was standing in the center of it, saying something to him before returning to the living room, where a large group of people were drinking beer and enjoying themselves. The real Aamon stood there in horror, unable to believe his eyes, whilst the other exited the room and changed his clothes, as Maya instructed. These guys couldn't see him, but they could hear him.

Ruth reluctantly emerged from the toilet, but she rapidly became bewildered; she couldn't believe what she was seeing, after that,  Aamon saw her in that state and, he put his hands over his mouth, signaling that she had to be quiet, and then gently approached her.

“What's going on?” With a rash of breaths, she said.

“I'm not sure... but don't say anything... They'll be able to hear us, but they won't be able to see us until today."

“What?”

“This has happened a long time ago, so once all of these things will end and we're finally in the same day and hour as this exact moment, we'll be able to speak with them, but now... just let us know what had been truly occurring all this time."