TWENTY-TWO

But, as the other Aamon turned his head toward Ruth and the real him, he immediately came to a halt and continued straight at them.

"Should he be able to see us?" Ruth then inquired, her gaze falling on his.

"I can," the other Aamon stated unexpectedly, frightening both of them.

"It's the same time," Aamon explained. "He can see and hear us."

"Am I having another hallucination?" The other Aamon remained standing as he double-checked their bodies .

"No... come with me.” When the actual Aamon entered the room, he said. "Ruth! Keep your distance from the door”

A sacred ritual is performed that forces two souls from the same individual to merge into one. This was quite horrible, though somewhat melodramatic, and it's clear that only a few ancient elements were used in this complex process. Metaphorically, Aamon and the other one are like water and fire.

Ruth grabbed some cocoa butter cream and slathered it all over him after they emerged as one person, with blood and scars all over his body. He was sprawled out on his tiny blanket, breathing heavily and seemed to be in excruciating pain.

Maya, the evil soul, was flying in hell at the time, and she wasn't going to emerge that day, giving Ruth and Aamon a great chance to pick themselves up, and to heal the scars on Aamon's body, which didn't take long for a thick layer to slowly peel away, but he was still in intense pain, and unable to communicate with Ruth, who was trying to help him in any way she could. She has this grace of such an innocent child.

"Are you feeling better?" Ruth questioned as she noticed his discomfort decreasing.

"Can you tell me what time it is?" He didn't say much.

"It's 7:00 p.m."

As the night grew darker, he stood up and walked to the edge of the cliff. Ruth was asleep on the couch when she heard the voice of the door opening.

She then followed him out into the arctic air and springy weather.
"I should've just died on that day," Aamon lamented.

"Why? "What happened?" Ruth wondered aloud enquiringly.

"I was in that swing, right there," he replied, pointing to a tree near the cliff's edge. "When I was flung by it and slipped all the way from here to the river, my father, who was meant to aid me, remained gazing and laughing, and he just stood exactly right here, he didn't want me to live because he knew I'd be no good once his demonic blood flowed through my veins; what about you? You had a similar experience; didn't you? That's why you returned all the way; no sane person would return to the house of someone who wanted to kill them. Who are you?"

"Ruth Karenina is my name, and I'm from Slovenia. When I first moved to California, I believed I'd be able to forget about what had happened to me, but memories are impossible to completely disregard.”

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"I was 13 when my sisters and I were kidnapped by this flippin maniac; he killed one of my sisters every month, and I had four; he wanted me to stay at last, because he saw something in me. When the time came for me to die, he didn't kill me." She took a breather.
"Instead, He reared me; I had very tough time with him, but he was a good father; he was jailed, but he left a large scar on my body and in my head. But then I saw you, and I relived the events of the past; you made me remember things I wanted to remember clearly or just forget about for once. And since forgetting is unattainable, the only other option was to remember. Thanks to you it happened. Thank you"

“No problem, now let's come back, it's getting dark, and we have a lot of things to do tomorrow, like killing a demon.”