Two: The Night Before

Thank you to those of you who are reading this story and looking forward to the chapters ahead! For the chapters going forward aside from the cast and the things that are written in the episodes other parts (set breaks, characters, behind the scenes) ARE ALL IDEAS! Nothing is real about those I just wrote them in for the sake of the story (: All the rights for the show and the characters go the creators of friends and I have no affiliation whatsoever with the actors ahah. With that being said enjoy this chapter!

David and Jennifer stayed holding onto each other in the parking lot for what seemed like hours. They knew that within these walls in the studios they were protected that no one would know their unsaid feelings for one another. Because at the end of the day they would go back to their separate homes where one of them has a partner to go home to whilst the other has an empty house with dogs running around. It was always something in the way. But, something that they didn't know was how everyone that was part of the show was hoping that somehow they would come together sooner than later (if they didn't already).

They were interrupted when David got a call. Just when that happened they were once again brought back to their reality. Timing is a bitch, and for them it seems like whether it was on screen or off they would never make it to hear their feelings said out loud.

"That was Christina, I have to go." David whispered.

"Yea, of course I should get going to. Memorize these lines and what not." Jen replied.

"Do you want to run lines tonight?" David asked but Jennifer just shook her head in response.

"It's probably best if we keep it authentic on the day of filming Schwimm."

David moved aside to let Jennifer in her car and just like that it felt like the on screen breakup ruined whatever they had left. Whatever it was.

On the drive back to her place Jennifer couldn't help but think. When this show started her feelings for David were almost instant but seeing as they are co workers and co stars she decided that perhaps it wasn't the best to date someone who she would work closely with. It was a warning from other actors passed that she had overheard. That it could potentially ruin the on screen chemistry. So she just hid whatever feelings she had developed for David and got into a relationship. Someone not in the business and was set up on a blind date. Undoubtedly that relationship lasted longer than she had thought it would. Once it ended however, her feelings for David didn't go away. What didn't help was that at the same time Rachel found out Ross had been in love with her.

She remembered the taping of that episode. David was away in New York settling some things there and wasn't written in for a lot of the finale. But, he was on the phone all the time. Jennifer could distinctively remember their conversation right before the last scene. The scene where Rachel would be in shock that Chandler admitted Ross' feelings.

"Nice escape Schwimmer you left for New York on the episode where you're needed the most." Jen laughed.

"Have to keep the fans on edge for the next season you never know what will happen."

"What's so funny is how Ross never got to see how Rachel was waiting for him to ask her out. Now it's all about this big surprise with the pin for her birthday."

"Wait wait.. Rachel waiting? Did I miss something for this taping?"

"Just my theory is all.. I mean Rachel clearly had developed something for Ross along the first season.." And so did she for David.

"Well guys are oblivious and clearly Ross is." David laughed this time.

"Yea they are. Way too oblivious for their own good." Jennifer agreed because truth be told she thought she was being too obvious with her feelings towards David. Guess not.