18: One Step Closer

HI READERS! Thank you for all the love and waiting for chapters, I blame university for my lack of time to write ahah. From now on I'm writing chapters based on seasons of FRIENDS. So this would be the time period of Season 5! (It will be the case until we reach season 10 hehe). A reminder however that this is a Jenvid story so I won't be writing much about the actual show's episodes. Happy reading (:

The tabloids are everywhere. Camera flashes galore. And before anyone knows it suddenly the world is erupting with nothing but David and Jennifer. No one can prepare you for that. Nor can you prepare yourself for that instant attention overnight. The couple had experienced something similar when FRIENDS became part of the mainstream culture. But, this is not a tv show or a movie. This is reality. A reality that they are no longer sticking in their bubble to just their families, friends and co workers. Now the world.

But, it doesn't scare them.

After the premiere the other night the couple were overwhelmed but it get into their heads. If anything they had been waiting to go out as a couple that walking the red carpet together knowing that they can hold hands? It was worth the cameras and tabloids.

They had just gotten back to their hotel room from the movie premiere. Quickly sneaking out the back to avoid the cameras from the entrance, something they had already planned out days prior. While Jennifer was taking off her makeup and getting unready David was just looking at her; leaning on the bathroom doorframe.

"Yes?" Jennifer was using her makeup remover when she noticed David looking at her. "Can I help you with something?" David chuckled.

"You did a great job with that movie honey." He approached her standing behind. "But you need to stop shaking so much." David placed his hands on Jennifer's shoulders. "Everything will be fine."

"I can't believe we did that." She whispered.

"We did," David kissed the top of her head. "Now, stop overthinking. The worst is over."

"You don't know that honey." Jennifer replied.

"We have each other, and that is fine. At least now we don't have to hide." David reassured her.

"I love you." Jennifer turned around to face him. "Seriously, you have stayed by my side. We haven't had it easy either. But you're still here with me."

"I love you, of course I would be. We're in this together. I told you." David said wholeheartedly. "Even when it gets hard for us."

"Even when tomorrow we film another sad scene together." Jennifer joked to get the mood changed lightly.

"Even then." David laughed as he hugged her tightly.

The remainder of their trip in London could have never prepared them for what is to come once they land back in America. Lucky enough for the celebrity couple the paparazzi is different than America. Back home they're ruthless and invasive to the point where security needs to be outside of the car the minute they arrive at their destination. So if one or two men with cameras where outside either set or at the restaurant it would be nothing.

It was their last shooting day, and an early one at that. Normally call times would be around noon if they weren't on the Warner Brothers lot but this time it was a 7 am call time for a 7:30 film start. Jennifer was barely awake and on her second coffee by the time her and David arrived outside of the location. To be once again greeted by a few fans and one man with a camera.

"I don't know why you're all smiles, it's not even seven o'clock yet." Jennifer groaned clearly still not a morning person even when David surely was.