25: Meant To Be

Author’s Note: Hello my lovely readers, this is chapter 25/27. Sad to say and even sadder to write because this story and seeing you all enjoy and read it has been insane! Thank you for all the love. As I’m sure you all won’t be disappointed by the final chapters. I also have a playlist to go with the entire story as well as my other ones. It’s called “the feeling was reciprocated” its on Spotify under the user “cam”. Hope you enjoy this one! <3 

“Do you see yourself getting married?” It was the early days in friends. Speculations of multiple celebrity marriages and couples have multiplied perhaps a little too much. Jennifer laughs at the question. Truthfully she hasn’t thought about marriage a whole lot. The occupied thoughts in her mind in relation to that avenue of her personal life were different. It always began with as long as the person in your life contributes to it positively. As long as she is happy and so is the other person. It was never a question of marriage or not. So the interviewer repeated it. “Well do you?” 

“I never gave the thought of marriage a lot of occupancy in my mind.” She answered truthfully. The interviewer’s reaction was surprised. “I should rephrase that. I meant that when I look at my love life or spending the rest of my life with another person it never diverted to marriage. Marriage to me was never a must. To me it’s something that yes is lovely but if I’m already in that loving relationship with another, marriage might change that.” Little does she know in that answer it revealed a little more of her personal upbringing being in a broken family. She used to think about marriage; but the backhanded thoughts of separation followed. Making her switch mindsets. 

“Do you rule it out of your future?” 

“No. I believe that if I were to get married that person would have changed my own perspective of what marriage is. Replaced the bad memories with good ones. But for right now I’m in no position to get married.” 

“How’s your butterflies?” Jennifer’s dad asked her as he walked to give her a cup of coffee. “Cold feet?Do you need me to call anything of? Cause a diversion?” John was always good in creating some sort of comedic relief for his daughter to fall back on. Something she had grown accustomed to after rebuilding their relationship after the divorce. Something she’s thankful for.

“No need for anything dad, really.” She smiled taking a sip of her coffee. “It’s just the matter of getting ready tomorrow, saying my vows and then the honeymoon.” 

“I didn’t know a wedding was that short of a checklist.” 

“It is in my head to wash away any nerves.” She joked and laughed in the process. “Not that I have many nerves it’s just that I truly never pictured this kind of fairytale for me. It’s always been kind of touch and go rather then letting me stay in the moment and take it all in. When my career just happened I was fine with just having that and reestablishing our father-daughter relationship and setting my roots down firmly in California.”

“And in walks David Schwimmer.” John spoke up with a small smile.

“And in walks David Schwimmer.” Jennifer repeated. “Then suddenly my plan sort of just dissolved.” 

John couldn’t help but feel happy and extremely emotional by his daughter’s descriptions of her soon to be husband. He is no expert in love. But he knows how to spot when someone has that love and extreme adoration. After everything his daughter has witnessed and grown up in through her own life this is what she deserves. 

“I’m just happy you’re happy.” John finally says. 

“Happy doesn’t begin to cut it.”