22: This is Love

Love is a hard thing to grasp. Many people say it's easy to find. Others argue and say people can run the course of their lives and will have never been in love. However, it all comes down as to what kind of love is being talked about. Platonic love is what comes and goes, the relationship that can easily be found and easily kept. Romantic love, however, is the one that is harder to find because everyone has a perception of it. Everyone has a preconceived notion of what they believe love will be for them when the time comes. But the reality is no one can predict what love will be until love happens. You must not control it no matter how hard you try because it is virtually impossible to do so. Most say it is situational. That it depends per person. That it depends on the personality type and the love language. Although, that is all true... Love is easy to come by it is about letting love in.

Jennifer had been up for a while. Just letting herself be and relish in the moment that is just being here with David. Whom she can call now the love of her life. A feeling she wasn't sure she wanted to define as love because of the way love can scare people. But, she wants to scream it everywhere she goes now. She looked at her boyfriend laying next to her in bed. A faint smile went on her face as she touched his face ever so lightly.

"I really just want forever with you." She whispered. "If I could marry you right now? I would." She smiled once more and stopped doing her actions for the case that he might wake up. The two of them got back from his sister's house rather late that Jennifer wanted David to sleep a little longer if possible. So to stop herself from waking him up she decided upon herself to just do her own exploration of the city he loves so much. The plan she was supposed to do the other day, and perhaps get to know Ellie as she made the offer to show her around last night. Sending one text over to David's sister and arranging everything before he can roll over in bed to find she's not there.

Writing a note quickly before she left the room so he won't worry: Good morning honey, I'm just with Ellie today to look around the city, text me when you see this. I love you (:

New York is a big city that even Jennifer is amazed just how big it is. Even if she had spent years growing up here and even went to high school here. Those years she tried to block out of her life, except the parts that allowed her to meet the circle of friends she has now. Ellie picking her up with coffee and a pastry in hand leaning on her car.

"Morning." Ellie handed Jennifer the coffee and food right away. "Surprised you got away from David today." She laughed.

"He looked really tired, so I'm just going to let him rest for the day. I know today was supposed to be when I get to see where he grew up but, we go back to LA in a few days... He hasn't been home in a while so I get why he's tired." She smiled taking a sip of the coffee. "How did you know how I take my coffee?"

"David." The two women laughed. "You really don't believe me when I say that he talks about you don't you?"

"Sometimes I don't but then there's these times that I forget he really does."

"And they say love is dead." Ellie made a joke. "Well I brought my car but I thought we can just park it somewhere away from this hotel and then really take in the city? Is that good with you?"

"Yea! I haven't been here for longer than a filming shoot or for promo so whatever you'd like to show me feel free." Jennifer said.

"Alright, we'll hop in and we can get started with the tour." Ellie laughed and Jennifer followed.

From: Ellie

Just picked her up Dave, going around the city for a few hours. Do you want me to show her specific spots? How long do you need?